AUv3 - will IK provide auv3 versions?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

AUv3 - will IK provide auv3 versions?

Postby jodenmi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:07 pm

Just wondering if IK will create AUv3 versions of the Sampletank for iOS, iGrand and iLectric apps? And if so will existing licence holders for these app get them with no additional cost?

Also if the answer fro creating them is yes, is there any timeframe? Asking this befroe I totally ditch all my IK apps and look at others - Ravenscroft, NeoSoul et al...
jodenmi

Re: AUv3 - will IK provide auv3 versions?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:31 pm

I don't have specific news but since Apple will deprecate Inter-App Audio in iOS 13 which then means it will likely go away within the next 1-2 versions per Apple's typical timeline, this should become a necessity going forward. I have already bumped the team to remind them of this Apple timeline and we'll keep everybody posted as we have any news.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jodenmi » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Cool, thanks Peter
jodenmi

Postby Alexcraxton » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:31 pm

Seconding the need for Auv3 support on these apps, I bought the igrand, iLectric and SampleTank bundle a while back and although great standalone ... they are pretty unusable in a DAW to be honest and they are showing their age. These could be amazing plugins (the sounds are very good) but I can’t commit to using them if DAW support (IAA not being very reliable or supported in my DAW of choice) which also means I am reticent to buy further IK products if support is discontinued so quickly. As a product manager myself, you need to keep up on these sort of changes before deprivations occur, it is a reputation thing that you don’t quickly drop software support and leave musicians with tracks they can no longer render etc. Hope Auv3 is way up the list, we can’t wait until issues in iOS 13 force issues. Cheers.
Alexcraxton

Postby tmsky69 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:25 pm

I saw this old post and was wondering if theres any new information on this.
Will IK have AUv3 versions for there IOS Apps like AmpliTube & Sampletank?
Can someone please provide current information on this topic?
My apologies if this has been recently answered in a different post.
tmsky69

Postby dollysaxdolly » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:17 pm

tmsky69 wrote:I saw this old post and was wondering if theres any new information on this.
Will IK have AUv3 versions for there IOS Apps like AmpliTube & Sampletank?
Can someone please provide current information on this topic?
My apologies if this has been recently answered in a different post.

i'm interessed in this information too!!!! i use sampletank and i have bought several packages of sound but now is difficult to use with other ipad app ... when the switch to AUv3???
thanks for the replies
dollysaxdolly

Postby tmsky69 » Wed May 17, 2023 5:27 pm

Now that Logic Pro is coming to iPad. I don't think it will support Inter-App Audio. iPad Sampletank users really need a AUv3 option. Someone tell me this is in the works. I really don't want to start looking for alternative apps. I have already abandoned Amplitube iOS and all the money I spent for Tonex.
tmsky69

Postby u.zukowski » Mon May 29, 2023 4:15 pm

I want to underline this wish:

With Logic Pro for iPad:

Only Mellotron works a AU audio unit.
Hammond B-3X has AU, but refuses to load. No update for two years now.
SampleTank has no AU.
Syntronik has no AU.

Will there AU support for the IK software products?

Kind regards
Uli
u.zukowski

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 30, 2023 5:20 pm

Please contact IK Support because existing AUv3 iOS apps should run fine, and note that Syntronik iOS is definitely AUv3. Anyway, IK Support would be happy to assist you directly and I'm sure they can sort out any AU issues you're having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby u.zukowski » Wed May 31, 2023 7:44 am

Thank you, Peter. Oh you are right, Syntronik is AUv3. I did not see it, because it's in the folder "IKMM", whereas the other IK apps are in "IK Multimedia". ;)
u.zukowski

Postby PhoenixGTR » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:07 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please contact IK Support because existing AUv3 iOS apps should run fine, and note that Syntronik iOS is definitely AUv3. Anyway, IK Support would be happy to assist you directly and I'm sure they can sort out any AU issues you're having.

Has IK said anything at all about adding auv3 sorry for Amplitube?
I've been looking, but "auv3" is too short a search term, apparently.
Thought I should ask before emailing support.
PhoenixGTR

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories