irig Pads to control my backingtracks?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

irig Pads to control my backingtracks?

Postby anihilus » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Hello guys! I could really use your help!

I play in a metal band, and for some of our songs we use backingtracks. We currently use iTunes on a iPhone to play back the tracks. But in the heat of the moment, with sweaty fingers, this is not ideal. I need some physical buttons to push, and I am thinking that irig Pads could be a good solution.

If I could configure it so that when I hit button #1 it will play of a sample (in my case it would be a 3-7 min long song, in stereo). And when the sample is finished it stops. Then I can hit button #2 for the next song, and so on. If I could use iTunes, that would be the easiest way, but another app (SampleTank perhaps?) is ok too.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If not with iTunes, then whitch app?

Any input is much appreciated!
anihilus

Re: irig Pads to control my backingtracks?

Postby anthonycassio » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:15 pm

anihilus wrote:Hello guys! I could really use your help!

I play in a metal band, and for some of our songs we use backingtracks. We currently use iTunes on a iPhone to play back the tracks. But in the heat of the moment, with sweaty fingers, this is not ideal. I need some physical buttons to push, and I am thinking that irig Pads could be a good solution.

If I could configure it so that when I hit button #1 it will play of a sample (in my case it would be a 3-7 min long song, in stereo). And when the sample is finished it stops. Then I can hit button #2 for the next song, and so on. If I could use iTunes, that would be the easiest way, but another app (SampleTank perhaps?) is ok too.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If not with iTunes, then whitch app?

Any input is much appreciated!

I'd use Loopy HD with your iRIG Pads for this. For each track, just click to share the song file then select "open in Loopy HD". You can configure Loopy to store 12 tracks per session.

Then with the iRig Pads you can configure the buttons to launch tracks as well as several other helpful functions.
anthonycassio

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories