[SOLVED] sale price not appearing in in-app store?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

[SOLVED] sale price not appearing in in-app store?

Postby jodenmi » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm

I am looking to get the Sample tank for iOS Pro Sounds pack at the special price of 29.99 but the in-app store price still lists 49.99?

I thought the sale was til June 29 which is what today is?
jodenmi

Re: sale price not appearing in in-app store?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:50 pm

The App Store pricing is automated and would end June 30th, US (PST) time. Note that the prices in the news are listed in USD and Apple does their own exchange calculation to calculate the pricing in other regions/countries based on their "tiers".
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jodenmi » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:02 pm

well thanks for the now late reply - so I have missed out again! I only got notice of this sale late in June but the app in-app purchase just continued to show the full price!
jodenmi

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 pm

jodenmi wrote:well thanks for the now late reply - so I have missed out again! I only got notice of this sale late in June but the app in-app purchase just continued to show the full price!

The prices were showing correctly though the sale dates, I confirmed this on the latest version of the apps (you must make sure your app is updated) and directly in iTunes Connect where pricing changes are scheduled for the App Store. Sorry that you were unaware of the sale, I would suggest making sure you are on our mailing list by signing up at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter so you don't miss out on our great deals.

About the reply, this is a user-to-user forum, if you need direct support from IK officially please remember that you can do so at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support going forward.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Also, the USD price was $29.99, so you were seeing the proper price in your non-US region per Apple's conversion. Please note that the iOS promos state the following:

In-app purchase and app pricing is shown in USD, your territory pricing will vary based on Apple's App Store pricing model.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories