IRig Micro Amp no/low volume from iPad

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IRig Micro Amp no/low volume from iPad

Postby JasonFunk » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:02 am

Hi, just bought a Micro Amp. Just playing with a guitar cord volume is great. Through my iPad? I can barely hear it. I had this issue with my nano amp one time and realized my ipad’s side volume was down (I know, I was stupid). Not in this case. My iPad volume is maxed, micro amp is maxed, input/output in Amplitube maxed, volumes on amps and pedals all maxed. I can barely hear it.

Here’s the odd part. I use Ampkit app, it works perfect as soon as it is open, huge volume. I open up Bias FX and I get the same problem, very low volume, but in Settings they have a “stereo mode”, I turn that off and it gets loud and volume works perfect. I’ve looked in Amplitube for some kind of setting like that and can not find anything. Please help! I want to use Amplitube as that is what I always use! Thanks!
JasonFunk

Re: IRig Micro Amp no/low volume from iPad

Postby JasonFunk » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:24 pm

So to answer my own question.... in settings, turn off “auto no feedback.” Works fine after that.
JasonFunk

Postby STFYVRsg22 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:50 am

Thank you for providing the answer. That helped me. Best.
STFYVRsg22

Postby buleriachk » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:38 pm

I have the same issue. In both Amplitube and BiasFX2 using the usb-micro jack I see strong input/outut signals from the MicroAmp, but no sound. The green indicator on the amp shows signal as well. All controls are maxed, but the iRig is a brick....

Update: User Error - I had an external BT receiver plugged in to the Aux In , which disabled the Micro Usb audio. Unplugged it brought in the sound from the iPad. I think this is a design flaw - the Aux In should be independent of the USB-Micro jack, but hey, that's just me....
buleriachk

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories