Using Amplitube in the concert something went wrong!

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Using Amplitube in the concert something went wrong!

Postby Savah1 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:37 am

[MOD NOTE: Moved to correct forum as requested]

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum even though I have been reading you for some time.
I am writing to you because I am in crisis.
For the past few months I have abandoned the amplifier and physical pedals to use Irig HD 2 with amplitube instead.
In rehearsals with my band, even in different rehearsal rooms, I found myself well.
Wednesday was our first concert and it was a real nightmare.
My sound was terribly thin, fake and my levels were all staggered, moreover they started from Larsenn.
I really can't understand what didn't go, what I know is that before the concert I implemented amplifube of the second virtual microphone on the amplifier, other changes I've made.
I usually connect directly to the mixer with a stereo cable coming out of the headphone output of my Irig HD 2, and my sound comes out of the system voices.
The venue was not bad, another band performed before us and everything was normal.
Now, I really don't want to go back to playing with the old system, and I wonder: what went wrong? What can I do to improve my live sound?
Thanks to all those who will answer and apologize for my English!
Savah1

Re: Using Amplitube in the concert something went wrong!

Postby Savah1 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:27 am

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use amplitube ios from my iPhone ...
At this point, I'm afraid I missed the section in the forum and I kindly ask the moderators to move this topic.
Thank you!
Savah1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 31, 2019 6:19 pm

Have you reported your issue to IK Support directly? I'm sure they can troubleshoot with you and figure out what happened. They are available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Savah1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:37 am

Peter_IK wrote:Have you reported your issue to IK Support directly? I'm sure they can troubleshoot with you and figure out what happened. They are available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you

Thank you for your reply.
No, I didn't do it because I didn't think it was a real technical problem, but I will try to follow your advice by asking them for technical support.
I wrote in this forum because I would like the opinion and experience of someone performing live using amplitube with Irigh hd2 (or similar) to understand how to be unable to find myself with the same problem in the future. I would like to know what kind of solutions the other users adopt, if like me they connect directly to a mixer channel and then exit the system voices, etc.
I would like to understand if that fake sound and lacking in consistency was due to something I did, or if it is the result of something to be attributed to the local, perhaps to the sound engineer and how I can avoid it in the future.
Among other things, the confrontation between me and the guitarist of the band who performed before me using a real amp was impetuous!
In short, I need your live music experiences ...
Thanks to those who want to respond.
Savah1

Postby Savah1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:23 am

Here, to explain myself better, in practice it was like being connected to the system without having a virtual amplifier ...
Savah1

Postby muddi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:36 am

Savah1 wrote:Here, to explain myself better, in practice it was like being connected to the system without having a virtual amplifier ...

the cabinets section was probably off?!
muddi

Postby Savah1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:43 am

muddi wrote:
Savah1 wrote:Here, to explain myself better, in practice it was like being connected to the system without having a virtual amplifier ...

the cabinets section was probably off?!

No, it was ok, recently I went back to the rehearsal room and with the exact same settings everything went well ...
Savah1

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories