Irig Pre HD Latency

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Irig Pre HD Latency

Postby tomdiekmeier » Wed May 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Hello!

I am trying to record drums with a single mic using the Irig Pre HD. I have selected direct monitoring to eliminate latency, but there is still a slight slap back when recording to an Iphone using the Irig recording app.

Is there any setting I'm missing or suggestion to get zero latency?

Thanks!

Tom
tomdiekmeier

Re: Irig Pre HD Latency

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Hey Tom,

Thanks for joining the conversation.

It sounds like you may be hearing both your Direct Monitor control being set to "On" and the iRig Recorder 3 app being set to monitor your signal. Tap the Headphone Symbol in iRig Recorder 3 to change the monitoring level. When using Direct Monitoring, you should be able to turn this down all the way or mute it via the Headphone Symbol with an "X" between it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Irig Pre HD Latency

Postby tomdiekmeier » Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Hey Ryan!

Thanks for your reply! Yes that was indeed the issue. I could have sworn I tried to do it without headphone volume on the I rig app app but I was mistaken. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
The only other issue is do you have any tips to raise the cue level? Because without that volume being turned up I’m not getting quite enough gain in my headphones/cue.

Thanks!

Tom
tomdiekmeier

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories