iRig HD 2 on iPad Pro (2018) does not output to amp

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig HD 2 on iPad Pro (2018) does not output to amp

Postby giordano.bianchi » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi,

I have an issue with an iRig HD 2 connected to an iPad Pro (2018) with the usb-c connector.
Everything works fine through the headphones but if I hook up an amp to the amp-output on the iRig no process sound comes out (thru works fine). This happens both with Amplitube CS for iPad and Garageband. The iRig is connected via the (quite expensive) official micro-usb -> usb-c adapter.

What worries me is that I tried the same setup with my iPhone X and the lightning connector and everything works fine.
One thing I noticed is that on the iPhone X if I go into settings->general -> info there is an "iRig HD 2" entry which some some info (like firmware version, hardware version, etc), but when I hook it up to the iPad this entry doesn't show up.
I already tried to contact support on Tuesday of last week but nobody ever got back to me.
Can someone confirm that the iRig HD 2 is fully compatible with the latest iPad Pros?

thanks,
Giordano
giordano.bianchi

Re: iRig HD 2 on iPad Pro (2018) does not output to amp

Postby garfy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:33 am

Hello giordano.bianchi and welcome to the forum.

The requirements for the iRig HD2 gives the following devices that are compatible. From https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs

"Compatible with iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPod touch 6th generation, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini. iOS 6.0 or later is required.

Also compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7."

If your device is on the list but you cannot get it to work I would suggest replying to your ticket to inquire if they are any further forward to getting a solution for you. If you are still not satisfied with the response (or non-response) PM your ticket number to either Ryan_IK or Peter_IK who will try and bump it for you.

I don't know much about iPads, but I guess if you've got either a 9.7" or 12.9" there shouldn't be a reason for it not to work.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby giordano.bianchi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:25 am

Hi Garfy,

thanks for the reply, my iPad Pro is one of the newer ones, it's the 11" with the usb-c connector.

I read around the forums that other people have gotten the iRig HD2 to work and according to Apple it should be
compatible: https://www.apple.com/us_edu_270057/sho ... 2fa%2B4a96

Funny thing is that I discovered that it works fine with the "Tonebridge" app, just not with Amplitube or Garageband...

I replied yesterday to the ticket's email to ask for an update but as of today....*crickets*

Thanks,
Giordano
giordano.bianchi

Postby garfy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:32 am

giordano.bianchi wrote:I replied yesterday to the ticket's email to ask for an update but as of today....*crickets*

Official IK Support endeavour to respond within 1-2 working days. If you do not hear from them today I would suggest PM'ing Ryan_IK your ticket number. IK Support are the ones that will tell you categorically whether the iRig HD2 is compatible.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby wormondipad » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:49 am

Hello. Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same equipment and the same problem, no output to my Amplifier. Please let me know if you have the solution. Thanks for your post.
Will.
wormondipad

Postby wormondipad » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:25 am

I was playing around with all the AmpliTube settings and was able to get this working. In AmpliTube Settings there is an option called “No Feedback”, mine defaulted to Auto, I changed it to OFF and now the FX signal is being sent to my Amplifier! Everything seems to be working as expected now.
wormondipad

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories