How do you select the output for the iRig2?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

How do you select the output for the iRig2?

Postby ErikWasser » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:42 pm

How do you select the output for the iRig2? Using iPad.
ErikWasser

Re: How do you select the output for the iRig2?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:41 pm

When an audio interface (IK or others') is plugged into your iPad's headphone jack, the output will always be through that jack and audio interface. There is no routing choice in iOS or apps to get around this, this is the way iOS works with audio interfaces of this type.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ErikWasser » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:52 pm

I’ll be more specific. My irig only sends audio through the headphone out, and nothing through the “amp”.

This problem only occurs when using AmpliTube og Bias Amp 2. Everything else works just like it should.
ErikWasser

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Ah, if your amplifier out isn't working on your iRig 2, please open a ticket with IK Support for direct and official tech support as they'll be able to troubleshoot to best diagnose your issue. Before you do that have you also tried both the FX and THRU settings on iRig 2 itself?

Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eriklharper » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:32 pm

Peter_IK wrote:When an audio interface (IK or others') is plugged into your iPad's headphone jack, the output will always be through that jack and audio interface. There is no routing choice in iOS or apps to get around this, this is the way iOS works with audio interfaces of this type.

What IK devices support this? I have an iRig 2 and would like to route my backing tracks audio (recorded in stereo) to the stereo input of my amplifier while routing the processed guitar effects to the mono guitar channel on the amp. Could I do this with an iRig that hooks into the lightning port of the device?

Thanks
Erik
eriklharper

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:09 pm

eriklharper wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:When an audio interface (IK or others') is plugged into your iPad's headphone jack, the output will always be through that jack and audio interface. There is no routing choice in iOS or apps to get around this, this is the way iOS works with audio interfaces of this type.

What IK devices support this? I have an iRig 2 and would like to route my backing tracks audio (recorded in stereo) to the stereo input of my amplifier while routing the processed guitar effects to the mono guitar channel on the amp. Could I do this with an iRig that hooks into the lightning port of the device?

Thanks
Erik

This is not a matter of what IK hardware supports it, this is an Apple "feature" that routes all audio in and out of whichever audio interface is plugged into an iOS device. We have zero control over it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eriklharper » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:18 pm

That makes sense. Thanks!

So this would be the same regardless if the iRig connects to the headphone or the lightning jack? Too bad, but also makes sense.
eriklharper

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories