iRigKeys IO 49 Mic Audio

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRigKeys IO 49 Mic Audio

Postby reathpd » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:54 pm

The microphone audio has a small amount of delay or reverb. Is this adjustable?
reathpd

Re: iRigKeys IO 49 Mic Audio

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm

I see other users haven't chimed in, but this does sound like the buffer setting is set too high. Please make sure you lower the buffer setting in the audio app/software you are using to a size that can get you less latency without crackling/popping.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby reathpd » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:15 pm

I appreciate your comments. The delay I’m referring to is the sound similar to reverb.

I would like a clean, unprocessed mic audio.

I’m using AUM and or VocaLive. I will look into your suggestion of the buffer rate.

Technical details on ikmultimedia products is not very good. I enjoy the IO 49 but concerned with the lack of parts and technical support. I don’t plan on buying a new one when it has a failure.
reathpd

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:03 pm

Ah, I see sorry I didn't know what apps(s) and platform you were running. That still sounds like a latency setting, I know you mention "reverb" or you are hearing the direct sound followed by the "processed" sound (after it runs through the app(s) regardless if there are FX added).

Speaking of "lack of parts and technical support", have you reached out to IK Support? This forum is a user-to-user discussion forum, so if you are seeking official tech support from IK that would be handled via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and we definitely do have access to technical support for all our products. They would also be able to handle warranty issues, as we provide a solid warranty for our products though we do not sell every part separately for user servicing. We do have spare parts/cables at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/spareparts/

I'm sure the team could get you sorted out officially via the support system. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby reathpd » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Yes I exchanged messages with support. The problem was associate with the mic input and maybe affecting the mic sound characteristics. The input I’m using for the mic is the 1/4 in jack. I tried the XLR input and couldn’t get it to work. Two known good cables and two different mics.

The unit is passed warranty. I enquired about parts I could purchase. The response of no parts available is frustrating. I will continue to use the IO 49.
reathpd

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm

Support is more than willing to work through your issues to a satisfactory conclusion. I'm sure if you continue to work with them they will figure out why the XLR input isn't working for you and/or why you're hearing what you are hearing with the line 1/4" input. Please feel free to PM your ticket number(s) to @Ryan_IK and/or me and we'll make sure someone takes a look to see what's going on and get you taken care of.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby reathpd » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:57 pm

I really appreciate your follow up, but as you can see from the attached, I have tried to resolve my concerns.

[MOD REDACTED: Support Ticket Contents]

[#9778873]
reathpd

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:25 am

Did you mention the "reverb" sound you were hearing using the 1/4" input? If not please do, as they will diagnose that issue and assist you with that.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby reathpd » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:51 am

I have not mentioned the reverb, hmmmm .... I will address this to iKMultimedia Support.

Thank you for your interest.
reathpd

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Make sure to report this behavior to the team. While I have alerted them of what couldbe happening, they should hear it from your side with full information. In the meantime, I was able to talk to the team and we should have a manager reaching out shortly to see how they can help with your unique situation here.

We appreciate your time and we're excited to get you back to making music! :D
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories