Question regarding sound difference between IPhone and iPad

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Question regarding sound difference between IPhone and iPad

Postby Boogie_Man » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:30 pm

Greetings, I originally installed AmpliTube on my iPhone 7S, but was given an iPad 9.7 as a gift a few months ago. I downloaded the app on it, restart all my purchases, and made it my regular workstation.

However, well I was A/Bing then the other day, I just noticed that there was a noticeable difference in sound quality between the two. Even when the amps had the same EQ, mic settings, and were played through the same instrument, the difference was apparent. AmpliTube on my iPad Has noticeably less gain compared to the iPhone. This is quite apparent on a model like the ‘57 Champ from the Fender 2 series. On my iPhone, the amp has a nice gritty sound above 6, but on the iPad it is barely breaking up when it’s cranked.

Comparing all the demos I’ve heard online, the sound coming from my iPhone sounds most similar everyone else, which tells me the problem is with my iPad. I feel like there’s a small detail I am missing that will adjust these parameters. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Boogie_Man

Re: Question regarding sound difference between iPhone and i

Postby MaxTwang » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:03 pm

Have you adjusted the Input Level under Settings and the Vol on the Mixer? The level(s) on the iPad might be lower than on your phone.
MaxTwang

Re: Question regarding sound difference between iPhone and i

Postby Boogie_Man » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:51 pm

Thanks for the response. Both are at 70 and 0.0db respectively. And the overall output is similar with both, there just seems to be differences with the gain structures of the models. Amps like the Champ and the Super Reverb (Possibly others, I tend to stay on the tweed side of things,) don’t seem to want to break up on the iPad.
Boogie_Man

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories