iRig HD 2 Works with iPad Pro

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig HD 2 Works with iPad Pro

Postby Batmensch » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:45 am

I just wanted to say for the record that the iRig HD 2 does work with an iPad Pro with the USB-C connector. You just need to use the USB cable and a USB-A to USB-C adapter. And since the iRig HD 2 has an analog headphone connector built in you have everything you need to record with it.
Batmensch

Re: iRig HD 2 Works with iPad Pro

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:08 pm

Most people having trouble with this setup are likely having issues with unsupported/non-Apple/MFi-certified USB-C converter cables.

That is the reason IK has specific USB-C cables provided for devices that are most definitely compatible with newer USB-C based iOS and Mac devices. You can find them in our online shop.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rainer.100 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:14 am

does the specific usb cable works on an ipad pro 2020 via powered usb hub? the headphone connection on the hub does not work with standard usb cables.
rainer.100

Postby beto_a82 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:36 pm

I'm facing this problem, the irig hd2 connects perfectly with the iphone and the cable that comes with it. But with the ipad (pro 2020), I tried with a usb-c to micro-usb adaptor, and with a hub (not powered) and the original cable. Nothing worked.

It worked with Tonebridge but not with AmpliTube or Bias Fx.

Any recommendation?
beto_a82

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 19, 2020 8:09 pm

rainer.100 wrote:does the specific usb cable works on an ipad pro 2020 via powered usb hub? the headphone connection on the hub does not work with standard usb cables.

The cable works plugged directly into your iPad as is standard. Using hubs or other external adapters, etc poses a risk of things not working as you'd expect.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby somatophylax » Wed May 20, 2020 2:26 am

So is there a viable alternative? I am thinking up updating my old MacBook for either a new MacBook or an iPad Pro... both uses USB-C. Can we just buy a micro USB-to-USB-C cable and use that in the iRig HD2?
somatophylax

Postby roji.fer » Sat May 23, 2020 12:27 pm

Hello,

I have an iPad Pro, I bought the micro to USB-C connector from IK but I still don't manage to get it work so I get the output to an external Speaker.

I tested the Thrugh FX on and off (off, I do get the clean sound), on, I do not get any sound (vol at max).

I tried ampli Tube and Garage band. I see the guitar level coming in (can tune the guitar, ...) but no sound sent out to the external speaker.

Many comments around this but can someone kindly help me?

thanks in advance.
roji.fer

Postby valentincollado » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:31 am

roji.fer wrote:Hello,

I have an iPad Pro, I bought the micro to USB-C connector from IK but I still don't manage to get it work so I get the output to an external Speaker.

I tested the Thrugh FX on and off (off, I do get the clean sound), on, I do not get any sound (vol at max).

I tried ampli Tube and Garage band. I see the guitar level coming in (can tune the guitar, ...) but no sound sent out to the external speaker.

Many comments around this but can someone kindly help me?

thanks in advance.

I have the same problem, I can´t use the ipad pro with irig hd 2. Can someone help me. Thanks in advance.
valentincollado

Postby zzrwood » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:48 am

From my experience, a number of IK Multimedia’s recent iRig products have problems with USB-C ports on iPads.
I have the iRig Micro Amp - it won’t work at all plugged in directly, however an iRig HD 2 partially works in exactly the same setup. I can get Amplitube and Bias Amp 2 working, but no luck with Bias FX 2. Go figure...
zzrwood

Postby schindd2000 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:50 pm

Same problem here! Tuning works. Sound from Amplitube drum machine (and metronome) via headphones work. Guitar sound does not work. IK Multimedia, what’s the solution? Please respond. Tks.

PS: I use a new iPad Air (model 2020) and original cable from IK Multimedia.
schindd2000

Postby schindd2000 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:12 pm

schindd2000 wrote:Same problem here! Tuning works. Sound from Amplitube drum machine (and metronome) via headphones work. Guitar sound does not work. IK Multimedia, what’s the solution? Please respond. Tks.

PS: I use a new iPad Air (model 2020) and original cable from IK Multimedia.

UPDATE
Check this: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... or-irig-2/
My setup works now perfectly! Thanks Sweetwater! Very helpful!
schindd2000

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:40 am

The products that are compatible with USB-C work great with USB-C iOS devices when using the proper cables etc. If you are experiencing issues, please contact IK Support for direct and official assistance instead of assuming that there's an overall problem with USB-C etc.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories