BlueBoard buttons not saving

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

BlueBoard buttons not saving

Postby kleins6 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 pm

Hi folks,
I am using Amplitube Acoustic with an iRig2 (no mic) and a Blueboard. Basically I've been going back through all of my "song specific" presets and revamping the Blueboard to stomp box and effects assignments to standardize A=Amp Reverb, B=Graphic EQ (Boost), C=Amp Chorus and D=12 String box. However, I'm having an issue where when I set up a patch preset with Blueboard button assignments and save it, when I come back to the patch the button assignments have changed. This happens even if I switch back and forth between patches that should have the same button assignments.

Is this a bug or is this something that should be done in a certain manner that I'm missing? I'm even arranging each patch so that the stomp boxes and amp selections are the same and in the same order (compressor, 12 string, EQ and Solid State Amp 2).

Thanks for any assistance,
Jeff
kleins6

Re: BlueBoard buttons not saving

Postby garfy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:54 pm

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby kleins6 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi Garfy,
Just did. Had to kind of flub the info as their "front door" what-product/OS-are-you-using info gathering page did not list Amplitube Acoustic or iPad OS's and asks for versions and serial numbers that don't exist. We'll see if it gets routed to the right place...I haven't had great luck in the past with tech support.

I did get some success with the buttons saving but only if I use all the same stomp box, FX, and Amp arrangements, using the same order of linking, and then it seems to work ok. However, that leaves me unable to have different amps and effects per preset, which is severely limiting in a cover band. It's almost like when you set the BlueBoard associations with Amplitube settings and effects, it's saving them globally instead of per preset.

This also wouldn't be the first time that they had a major bug that was not publicized and took months to figure out. The last bug they had screwed up all the amp effects settings and was introduced after a version update, but never publicly released:
FX1 on Solid State 1 was a mix of chorus and spring reverb no matter what you set it to.
FX1 on SS2 and Tube only had 2 different reverb sounds.
FX2 on SS2 and Tube had delay no matter what you chose, but Flanger and Chorus were also mixed in with Chorus and delay settings.

They finally fixed that one 4 months later with a version update but I'd stopped using it after 2 months of no fix and got a TC Electronic G-Natural for my gig. However, I wanted something "light" for my open mics so pulled out the iRig2 again and now this... ugh.

Jeff
kleins6

Postby garfy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Sorry Jeff, my mistake.

The tech support link I gave you was because you are on the Computer Products board rather than the Mobile Products.

This is the correct link https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... -hardware/

Support will probably pass your original request over to the correct people, but for safety's sake you could put in a new ticket to the correct place.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:12 pm

Good catch. Also moved this post to the correct subforum to avoid further confusion.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories