iRig HD2+iRig Recorder on an iPad 2018...

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig HD2+iRig Recorder on an iPad 2018...

Postby greg2074 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:24 am

I am wanting to record videos of myself playing my electric guitar through my irig HD2 using amplitube on my ipad. I don't have a speaker or amp to play through, I just use headphones. I have seen people saying that they can record a video with that audio for sharing using irig recorder. I want to know how to do this, and am not sure how. In the video overview, it shows to use inter app audio, but I can't find any information on how to go about connecting everything to do my recording. I have tried searching the forum as well as the internet, but have yet to find anything. Can someone please help or have any advice or info on how I would go about being able to do this?
greg2074

Re: iRig HD2+iRig Recorder on an iPad 2018...

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Thanks for your post.

Using GarageBand for iOS you can load both iRig Recorder 3 and AmpliTube as Inter-app Audio effects/generators to then route signal from one app to the other.

Try these steps below on your iPad to accomplish this.

1) Open GarageBand iOS
2) Tap My Songs in the upper left hand corner
3) Use the "+" button in the upper right hand corner to create a new Project
4) Once created you will be led to add a new Track to this project, scroll to the left and hover over External
5) Under this External selection tap "Inter-app Audio" toward the bottom of the screen
6) Next, we go under the Instruments menu and select AmpliTube to be taken to this Track
7) On this Track, use the 1/4" Guitar cable symbol in the upper left hand corner oto go back to the Inter-app Audio menu
8) Here you can add iRig Recorder 3 as an Effect

You can now use GarageBand to change between these apps and set your tone as well as record.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: iRig HD2+iRig Recorder on an iPad 2018...

Postby greg2074 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:29 pm

Thank you!
greg2074

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories