IRig2 HD iPhone/iPad setup help

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IRig2 HD iPhone/iPad setup help

Postby Jamesggolden » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:19 pm

I have searched everywhere for this, perhaps someone here can help. I obviously set up my new irig hd 2 AmpliTube 4 for iPhone. I use on iPad more than iPhone. How to I change this so I can’t get the screen on iPad to rotate to landscape. I can’t find any setting to do this, help!
Jamesggolden

Re: IRig2 HD iPhone/iPad setup help

Postby jrees » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:50 am

So you're trying to get the app to appear in Landscape orientation on your iPad but it won't let you. Mine is just the opposite - it's always locked to landscape on my iPad, in fact I can't get it to rotate to portrait orientation. It's just the opposite on my iPhone where it always wants to be in Portrait mode and refuses to switch to landscape. I always assumed they were hard-wired to fit a certain way depending on the real estate they found available. Strange that yours is locked in portrait unless maybe your iPad is locked in portrait mode?

How to check and unlock the orientation differs by model of iPad but on more recent models you swipe down from the upper right corner to activate the control center settings, then look for the orientation button and make sure it didn't get turned on by accident. If that doesn't help I don't know what to tell you.

Swipe down from upper right corner:

See if the Rotation icon is engaged - good luck:
jrees

Postby Jamesggolden » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Yes, checked the settings, all other apps auto rotate with no problem. It’s specific to this app. There is a way to get it to rotate, but it seems like you have to designate for “iPad”, I haven’t found where you do that yet.
Jamesggolden

Postby jrees » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:24 pm

A setting for iPad - that makes sense but I've never dug that deep into the settings to imagine where it is. Someone here should know.
jrees

Postby steve.bemand » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:46 am

I note only us three have flagged this. I wonder if you have found a solution?
The app has ALWAYS previously been able to change orientation.
I think it's since the last update, I have a new iPhone XR which will not change to landscape and I still have my old iPhone 6SPlus which is the same.
But this is not a new install, it was restored from the old phone.
I will contact support to find out wether this is a new limitation or a glich that can be fixed.
Very often a fresh install fixes things and you have to restore your user presets from your backup. Steve :)
steve.bemand

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:14 pm

AmpliTube comes in iPhone and iPad versions. The iPhone version is always in always in portrait and the iPad version is always in landscape. It was possible to run the iPhone version on iPad, which is how some may have been able to run AmpliTube in zoomed-in mode in portrait.

The native apps for iPhone or iPad are meant to be run as stated above, though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories