iPad Amplitube freeze tracks

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iPad Amplitube freeze tracks

Postby randy6k31 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:30 am

Hello,

I am using an iRig hd and need to record three tracks with one guitar and different effects on each track. I record track one with one set of effects, then set track 2 with fox on and record. Track 1 shows now the freeze button instead of fix and the effects are no longer on. According to the manual, I should be able to freeze the 1st track with its effects and record on another track with a different set of effects. It doesn’t seem to work. It also doesn’t let me have multiple tracks with fox on all of them. And I doing something wrong?
randy6k31

Re: iPad Amplitube freeze tracks

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks for your post!

The AmpliTube app will only allow one track with live FX. All other tracks will be frozen. This is to preserve processing power and to allow for the best possible experience. Make sure you are selecting your different tracks when changing effects. With the Menu -> Settings 'Multi-Track Recording' option you will be able to Record Arm and Select different tracks at different times. Be sure to keep an eye out on what is Record Armed versus Selected. Selected tracks are the ones you are editing. Record Armed tracks are the ones where audio input is flowing into.

If you continue to have any troubles, make sure to reach out to Technical Support at the link below. Send me a PM with your Ticket Number and I'll keep an eye out on the status. Please do note, this forum is for user to user discussion and not for general technical support needs.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby randy6k31 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:01 am

Thank you I appreciate the reply. Does frozen mean all the effects are on the frozen tracks as they were when 'live' so the sounds are retained? The reason I ask is because I want to record several tracks with the same guitar, but for the final mix, apply different effects to each track. i.e., Verse with crunch, Chorus with clean effects, etc...

I don't want to put in a ticket since this is probably not a bug, just my understanding, or lack of, how to use the application.

In CUBASIS, once a track is frozen, all the effects are applied at the time of freezing. That way you can write out a final mix with all the parts in tact. I would rather use Amplitube though.

Regards,

Randy
randy6k31

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:15 pm

randy6k31 wrote:Thank you I appreciate the reply. Does frozen mean all the effects are on the frozen tracks as they were when 'live' so the sounds are retained? The reason I ask is because I want to record several tracks with the same guitar, but for the final mix, apply different effects to each track. i.e., Verse with crunch, Chorus with clean effects, etc...

I don't want to put in a ticket since this is probably not a bug, just my understanding, or lack of, how to use the application.

In CUBASIS, once a track is frozen, all the effects are applied at the time of freezing. That way you can write out a final mix with all the parts in tact. I would rather use Amplitube though.

Unless edited after recording, yes, when frozen, the FX for your tracks should remain the same as when recorded.

Cubasis is a great tool. This app allows Inter-app Audio FX to be applied which would help you use both of these apps together similarly to how they would on a Mac/PC with a DAW.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories