I rig keys I/O 25

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

I rig keys I/O 25

Postby MarkEDykstra » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:24 am

I bought the rig keys I/O 25 then find out it won’t work with my new MacBook Pro Mojave until they can work out the problem , Then I’ve been trying to use it with my iPad , which I’ve seen some on you tube using iPad with their garage band , but I’ve yet to figure out how to get the irig to work on my iPad . Any advice , directions would be appreciated .
MarkEDykstra

Re: I rig keys I/O 25

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:58 pm

You should be able to plug iRig Keys I/O directly into your iOS device and it will work as a MIDI controller and iOS interface. If you have registered your iRig Keys I/O you should have received an email with some helpful information including videos, etc to get you started and your manuals will be available in your IK User Area. That should be a good amount of information to get you going, so I'd suggest looking through those materials if you have not done so already.

If you are following the manual and those other materials and still running into trouble, you may want to seek official IK Support from the IK team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they can troubleshoot if there is any issue with the unit or your setup that can be fixed and will get you sorted out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MarkEDykstra » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:08 pm

Thanks so much fo he reply, as I mentioned I can’t do anything with my MacBook till they get the Mojave glitch worked out , frustrated very much with that . What I was really asking is a step-by-step procedure to getting it to work with the iPad , did you have to install anything ,if so ,exactly what, it don’t work just hooking to the iPad and opening GarageBand on my iPad .i only get a a blue output light on,,, I’ve watched videos and read manuals but they all basically talk of the pc. I’ve spent a few hours trying everything . I’m starting to think I got a defective unit . Again thanks
MarkEDykstra

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:19 pm

MarkEDykstra wrote:Thanks so much fo he reply, as I mentioned I can’t do anything with my MacBook till they get the Mojave glitch worked out , frustrated very much with that . What I was really asking is a step-by-step procedure to getting it to work with the iPad , did you have to install anything ,if so ,exactly what, it don’t work just hooking to the iPad and opening GarageBand on my iPad .i only get a a blue output light on,,, I’ve watched videos and read manuals but they all basically talk of the pc. I’ve spent a few hours trying everything . I’m starting to think I got a defective unit . Again thanks

Hi, the manual should also cover iOS connectivity though it really would be plug and play. I am not sure if the unit may be defective but I'd recommend seeking official IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can diagnose the issues you're having connecting to your iPad.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lightningrob » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:32 pm

I have the same thing happen to me (keys io 49). it was working fine, then blue input light and not working at all. switched computers, still nada. its like the unit itself glitched and is no longer working. sucks, I've only had it a few days :evil:
lightningrob

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:35 pm

lightningrob wrote:I have the same thing happen to me (keys io 49). it was working fine, then blue input light and not working at all. switched computers, still nada. its like the unit itself glitched and is no longer working. sucks, I've only had it a few days :evil:

Hi, I'm sure IK Support can assist you directly and troubleshoot the issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and would be happy to assist.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lightningrob » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:27 pm

I took my keyboard to work (ducking below the cubicle dividers) and updated it with my windows 10 work computer. Back on track!
lightningrob

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:33 am

lightningrob wrote:I took my keyboard to work (ducking below the cubicle dividers) and updated it with my windows 10 work computer. Back on track!

Glad you got it working! That experience reminds me of that office scene in The Matrix :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lightningrob » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 am

I WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO QUOTE IT LIKE THAT!! But I couldn't find the words and got inpatient, but that's what I originally pictured in my head. :lol: :D
lightningrob

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories