iRig Pre as preamp with Bose L1 and GarageBand

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Pre as preamp with Bose L1 and GarageBand

Postby cwiggins999 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:32 pm

I am mostly successfully using the iRig Pre + GarageBand iOS to output my vocal mic into a Bose L1 Model 2, using the Bose 1/4 inch analog input. I say mostly because for the majority of my 2 hour gig yesterday it worked great. But about 3 or 4 times the vocal would quickly get very hot, as if a cable that was partially plugged in had made a cleaner connection, but then would return to the normal output within a second or two. I worked with it for a while afterwards and also back home, and can't manually get any such glitch to occur, using the same cables, jiggling them, changing the controls in GarageBAnd, etc. (I'm using the GarageBand Audio Recorder instrument, using Voice as the option, which gives me controls for compression, tone, and reverb amount, etc.)

Anyone seeing anything similar? Anyone using some other iOS software/hardward combination for a similar need?
cwiggins999

Re: iRig Pre as preamp with Bose L1 and GarageBand

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:38 am

This is not normal behavior of iRig Pre. I'd suggest seeking official IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories