iRig pro duo power issue , no response from support form

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig pro duo power issue , no response from support form

Postby newsenseii » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Power issue with my iRig pro duo, directly out of the box. Brand new, the device will not power on with batteries, or a correct DC adapter. It only turns on with the provided USB cable. I do not use a computer when writing music so this is not ideal. I got this to use with an iPad, its a shame i cant get them connected. Viewed a thread on the forum where several people have the same issue with the pro duo, also all brand new out of the box. Not sure what to do, filled out a support request email several days ago with no sign of a reply, not even a notifcation my message was received. Was really excited to start using this product :| :(
newsenseii

Re: iRig pro duo power issue , no response from support form

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:55 pm

Hey newsenseii,

Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear of your troubles here.

Send me a PM with your ticket number and I will look into what happened here. Normally support will only take 24 - 48 hours to get back to users, but with the recent product announcements and NAMM coming up, I do believe the team is a bit more busy than usual.

Just a side note, be sure to check the following and let support know your results.

1) When using the iRig Pro Duo on iOS make sure to use a power supply with the following specs or 2X AA batteries. A red flashing LED on the iRig Pro Duo indicates low battery power. A dim blue LED means you will need to launch a Core Audio or Core MIDI comaptible app like iRig Recorder 3 LE, SampleTank CS or AmpliTube CS.

PSU Specs: 9V DC, 500mA (Min), Positive Sleeve

Click here for an example of a compaitble PSU

2) Check your iOS cable for bent or broken pins. If any are found, I would suggest first trying to bent these back into place, but in the meantime alert the support team and they should be able to swap out this cable for you.

3) Clean the connectors on your iOS device. Use compressed air or contact cleaner. Make sure to remove any protective casing before doing so as well as for testing this device after cleaning this port.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: iRig pro duo power issue , no response from support form

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:34 pm

Haven't heard back here from OP, I'm sure support has or will resolve the issue. Locking.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories