Using Amplitube as an effect in garageband or auria pro

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Using Amplitube as an effect in garageband or auria pro

Postby whitelocust » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I have a question for you.
I would like to know if you can use amplitube as fx in garageband or auria pro.
I'd like to record a guitar track in garageband and add / edit the effects of amplitube later.
Thanks for the attention
whitelocust

Re: Using Amplitube as an effect in garageband or auria pro

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:36 pm

Hey whitelocust,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the AmpliTube app will be Inter-app Audio and Audiobus compatible compatible. This means apps like Auria, Audiobus, or GarageBand which can load these types of apps will work and sound great together.

In GarageBand the Inter-app Audio process will send only your processed guitar signal from AmpliTube into GarageBand, this will not affect the dry/unprocessed audio inside of GarageBand. I believe there are apps out there like Cubasis which will allow this type of use, but if you would like for some extra routing options, check out the Audiobus app. This will help route signal to and from other apps.

Check Audiobus out here: http://audiob.us
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ykphuah » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:27 am

If I already have a recording, but I couldn't find a default bass amp modeling in GB that suits my needs, is there a way for me to use that recording and let it goes through Amplitube Ampeg?
ykphuah

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:17 pm

ykphuah wrote:If I already have a recording, but I couldn't find a default bass amp modeling in GB that suits my needs, is there a way for me to use that recording and let it goes through Amplitube Ampeg?

You would want to use Inter-App Audio in that case. I am not sure if that is available on an existing track in GarageBand iOS, though.

EDIT:
Another option, which may add a couple of steps, but give you the results you're looking for, would be to copy/paste your bass track into AmpliTube iOS (Or AmpliTube CS for iOS). Once imported, you can use the app's 'Bounce' feature to add your choice of tone, then copy/paste your bass track back into your GarageBand session.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories