Differences between iPhone and Mac Software

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Differences between iPhone and Mac Software

Postby SlothJams » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:17 am

I'm considering purchasing an iRig Stomp I/O in the near future. I can see that the software costs between iPhone and Macbook are significant. What are the major differences between the two? I can use either, but would like to know more about each system before committing to one or the other.
SlothJams

Re: Differences between iPhone and Mac Software

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Before I say anything here, I do want to mention that AmpliTube 4 (Mac/PC) is included with the iRig Stomp I/O unit's registration. The AmpliTube CS (Free) app will also include the AmpliTube (Paid) app's gear upon iRig Stomp I/O registration.

Full list of included software with the iRig Stomp I/O

Now, to clarify, while both versions work great on-the-go, the AmpliTube 4 Mac/PC software is designed more for the studio player with full control of every aspect of the selected rig. The iOS version is designed for the mobile player to give you all of the tools needed in a compacted form for the iOS platform. Of course the AmpliTube 4 Mac/PC software is a bit more detailed than AmpliTube iOS, but don't get me wrong, these are both powerful beasts with their own advantages. The best way to see these would be to use the free versions we offer to all IK users.

Download AmpliTube CS for iPhone app here

Download AmpliTube CS for iPad app here

Download AmpliTube 4 CS for Mac/PC here

Note* To use the AmpliTube 4 CS download link above, make sure to log into your IK account.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Differences between iPhone and Mac Software

Postby SlothJams » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Thank you for the help. I've ordered an iRig Stomp I/O today. Looking forward to playing with it sometime next week when it arrives. I downloaded both softwares and checked them out independently. I think it'll be easier to commit to investing in one particular device (IOS or Macbook) when I try them out with the device.
SlothJams

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories