iRig Keys I/O still glitching

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Keys I/O still glitching

Postby randyfreemire » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:17 am

I've had an issue with my iRig Keys I/O glitching out, it stops working and if i turn it off and on again it plays again, sometimes for only a minute or so.

I've had this issue before, and the support team said i needed to install the latest OS. https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17410

I didn't have a Mac/PC of recent vintage, and finally bought a Windows 10 laptop. The latest iRig Keys I/O OS loaded nicely. But after an initial session where it worked flawlessly, in subsequent sessions it was doing the same glitchy thing.

Doesn't seem to matter if I'm running off of battery or adapter power. I'm using an iPad Pro 9.7", running iOS 12.1.

This is getting stupid, can't rely on this controller. Do i have a defective unit?

Randy

PS I can't seem to get the microphone to work. Using a dynamic mic, i turn up the volume, and there's no sound that comes thru my speakers

Randy
randyfreemire

Re: iRig Keys I/O still glitching

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:51 am

Please only post the same topic/reply once per the rules. Thank you.

Also since you have a ticket open, the lease continue to work with support and let them know what is or isn’t working and they will continue to assist you. Also please send or post the ticket number per the forum posting guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby randyfreemire » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 am

Peter,
I assumed because that ticket was over 4 months old that i'd need to start a new one. And no input from you- is this a problem that is or isn't being reported on this forum? That's some info that might point to a defective unit.

Also, i tried their strategy of installing the latest OS and that isn't working. Was just now noticing that when this glitch happens i can play the iPad keyboard and the keys light up and the metering registers sound happening but no sound is coming out thru the speakers. I guess that would just confirm the problem is the controller.

I will contact support and see if my ticket is still open.

Randy
randyfreemire

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:58 pm

The guidelines I linked also cover what is best to do if you feel your ticket is not being handled to your satisfaction. Please do that and everything should get taken care of.

Sorry if I mistakenly read that this was a duplicate topic as it seemed to be. Either way, though, this is something that the forum moderators, admins, and users aren't going to be able to assist directly with regard to your technical issue but if you report the ticket number per the linked guidelines someone will be able to help figure out what happened as that is not the typical experience.

Thanks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories