iRig 2 having problems with iPhone XR

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig 2 having problems with iPhone XR

Postby aiabx » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:50 am

I have an iPhone XR running iOS 12.1.2. Until the last iOS upgrade (from 12.1.0), I was able to play my guitar using the iRig 2 and the Amplitube Fender app, connecting the device and the phone using the Apple audio-lightning adapter.
I have confirmed that the guitar cable and adapter are good. I can hear music that I've downloaded to my AmpliTube app, but I don't hear my guitar. I've downloaded the latest Amplitube CS app (V4.7.0) in case the old Fender app was no longer any good, but I can't hear my guitar there either.
I've tried with the switch on both THRU and FX with no success. Is there a setting I've inadvertently switched off, or have I reached the end of the lifespan for this device? Any help gratefully appreciated.
-Andy B
aiabx

Re: iRig 2 having problems with iPhone XR

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:02 am

Hey Andy,

Sorry to hear of your troubles here.

I would strongly suggest checking in with the IK Multimedia technical support team.

Use the link below to open a ticket, then PM me your ticket number.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

In the meantime, the following steps can be tried. These will help figure out if your hardware is being 'seen' by your AmpliTube app. Make sure to let the support team know your results of these steps.

1) Download/Open AmpliTube CS (Free) from the Apple App Store
    2) Go to the Menu (Upper right hand corner) in AmpliTube and enter the Settings window
    3) Once here disconnect and reconnect your iRig looking at the top of your screen
    4) Let the team know what this input source shows with and without your iRig connected.

Do note, when an iRig is connected and detected properly the input should show as 'Input: Digital Device' or 'Input: Headset Jack'. If your device is not detecting properly, clean out your iOS device's port where your iRig connects, then remove any protective casing to see if this helps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: iRig 2 having problems with iPhone XR

Postby aiabx » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:38 am

The problem was resolved. For anyone else with the same problem, Mono Audio had been switched on under the iOS Accessibility settings. Switching it off restored functionality.
Andy
aiabx

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories