Irig pro duo

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Irig pro duo

Postby dwasowicz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:44 am

I've been a long time owner of amplitube, as well as the fender, metal, and ampeg svx packages. I've just purchased the irig pro duo. I have a few questions:

1) Is it possible to sing using vocal live settings, and play using amplitube settings on an iphone 5s?? ie, how can I use vocal effects and amplitube amps at the same time in a live performance???

2) I was under the impression that a certain amount of "software bundles" were included in this product. In Vocal Live, a go a reverb. Thats it. Not even an equalizer. I try to add a compressor and it asks for $4.99. Whats the deal??

3) Not much better with amplitube. While I understand the AMPEG SVX package might need to be updated, its really sad given I've owned and used the orginal FOR YEARS. Again, everytime I try to choose an amp I am prompted for cash. It appears all I have is the free download. Note that I've added the serial numbers in my user area MANY TIMES and still seem to have limited functionality.

-DW
dwasowicz

Re: Irig pro duo

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:02 pm

1) For this you'd likely need to use a dual/multi-channel audio interface (which you have in iRig Pro Duo) and for recording both at the same time you may want tot try a DAW-type app like Cubasis (the LE version functionality is unlocked free with iRig Pro Duo) that can load apps on different tracks using Inter-App Audio or Audiobus and for performance you should be able to run both apps simultaneously and leave Background Audio on for both. This may be difficult on an older device that doesn't have the power of more currently devices, as you'd be loading multiple powerful audio apps simultaneously in both scenarios.

2) You get both Mac/PC software and iOS gear/features with iRig Pro Duo. You can find details at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... php?p=apps Please note that the serials in your IK User Area are for Mac/PC software only. There's a link on that page that explains how to get the free content.

3) Please see #2

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:03 pm

For the performance / live scenario above, @Ryan_IK was kind enough to provide the steps:
To use your iRig Pro DUO for both Vocals and an Instrument in a live situation, you can use iRig Pro DUO with both AmpliTube and VocaLive.

To do so, follow these steps below:

Open both AmpliTube and VocaLive, then go to MENU > Settings and enable "Background Audio Mode". Now, in AmpliTube, look at Track 1 and you will see "Channel 1" under this. This means this track will receive signal from Input 1 on the iRig Pro DUO.

Now go to VocaLive and repeat the same process. In Track 1, tap on Channel 1 and a small window will pop up. Scroll down and select 2. This track will receive signal from Input 2 on the iRig Pro DUO.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dwasowicz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:35 pm

OK. I understand now - thanks all for your help! One last question - is it true that Cubasis LE only runs on iPad, and not iPhone (5s)????
dwasowicz

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories