Irig acoustic into amps

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Irig acoustic into amps

Postby Jerrytrex » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:49 pm

Full disclosure i have asked this question through the support line and i figured they are probably on well deserved christmas holidays. So while i wait i thought maybe some of you legends could help me
My ticket number is 673210. Date - 22/12/18

I have just received the irig acoustic and downloaded the AmpliTube acoustic cs app for an early Christmas present.
I've bought a cable with a 3.5mm plug into 2 xRCA sockets. I've then attached a RCA plug into a 1/4" socket into the white side RCA sockets to connect my guitar lead into an amp. I use the irig acoustic with my ukulele.
The whole system works great using headphones. Although i have to have my ipad up full volume to hear it. But when I use the set up I've described above to play my ukulele into my amp, I can't hear anything. When I turn everything up I get sound but the ukulele is heavily fuzzy and distorted.
I believe I'm using the right set up in the right way as explained in the manual. Am im missing something or doing something wrong.

Since asking this to support ive re calibratrd the ukulele and that has helped slightly, but still not playable.i asked for this because I was hoping to use this on stage and at church but i just cant get it to work.
Thanks in advance
Jerrytrex

Re: Irig acoustic into amps

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Hey Jerrytrex,

Thanks for your post.

I've gone ahead and bumped the team. They should reach out with some more info.

In the meantime, I will provide some information here which may be helpful in your situation.

1) If you plan to use the headphone output with an amplifier or mixer make sure to try adjusting your 'NO FEEDBACK' option in the MENU > Settings of AmpliTube Acoustic CS. This should be set to 'ON' only for headphone use.

2) With the iRig Acoustic being an analog device, the AmpliTube Acoustic CS app will offer Input/Output level controls in the app MENU > Settings. While normally these controls are not needed. These can be helpful in situations where you need a little bit of a boost in volume outside of the AMP or MIXER controls.

3) If the calibration process did not help initially, I would check with support that you have done this properly. They will have some suggestions on this topic. Personally, when I use this calibration process I like to play at the level I normally play my instrument at. Keeping the calibration as accurate as possible. Sometimes however I will calibrate playing louder or softer to allow for the calibration to have a different result depending on the instrument.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Jerrytrex » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:49 am

Thanks Ryan.
Your a legend. I got a reply from the support team aswell. I will try your suggestions and the support teams suggestions aswell. But are very similar. I will keep this post updated.
As for the calibration. I have tried playing loud and soft. Loud has had the best results bit still no good for the amp.
Jerrytrex

Postby mdsteager » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:18 pm

I am using Irig acoustic with amplitube acoustic and running to a speaker. I am having issues getting a decent volume? seems I have to turn the speaker all the way up and keep the output at around 3/4 where it is just hitting the yellow. i have tried several different speakers with same result. Any suggestions? Thanks
mdsteager

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:30 pm

Make sure to reach out to support here and PM me your ticket number. This forum is not for direct support, but user to user interaction.

Here is some quick information in the meantime. My apologies if I have repeated anything posted earlier. :geek:

The iRig Acoustic headphone port will send headphone level signal which should be able to be routed to external speakers (With the proper adapter) or headphones. Make sure to adjust 'No Feedback' in the Menu -> Settings to 'OFF' when using external speakers. The Menu -> Settings also offers some additional input/output level controls which may help here.

Some additional things to check are 'Calibration' in the AmpliTube Acoustic app. Make sure this is done for your particular instrument. Make sure to also check that your cable connecting to external speakers is not at fault here by trying another cable.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories