Using Amplitube4 for effects only through my Mesa amp

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Using Amplitube4 for effects only through my Mesa amp

Postby tibey44 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Hello,
I'm sure this info is on here somewhere, but can somebody please help me. I've got a new Mesa TC-50 combo and I want to use the effects that I have purchased for Amplitube on my Iphone8. I read in the manual that this can be done, but I'm not sure how to set this up. Can it be setup through the midi input on my cab or do I need the 1/8" jack to 2- 1/4" jack setup? I appreciate any help
tibey44

Re: Using Amplitube4 for effects only through my Mesa amp

Postby JohnnyButcher » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Your Mesa amp looks fantastic - my set up is a bit more simple but achieves what you're trying to do... I have an iPad Mini2, IK iRig HD interface, 2x Short 1/4" leads and a 3.5mm to 1/4" female adaptor.

I plug the guitar directly into the amp and then use the effects loop to send and return through the IK HD interface. So as a chain, it basically goes Amp EFFECTS SEND => 1/4" cable => iRig HD => iPad running Amplitube => Headphone jack out => 3.5mm to 1/4" adaptor => 1/4" cable => EFFECTS RETURN.

I don't know if this is the ideal set up and I'd be interested in how other people do it: The distortion effects do not work particularly well but the amp is two channel so I use the dirty channel there...
JohnnyButcher

Re: Using Amplitube4 for effects only through my Mesa amp

Postby tibey44 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Thanks for the reply...I'll try that and see if it works. I don't really need distortion (it's a Mesa!) lol. I'm looking for chorus, eq, harmonizer etc. I really like the effects when using the amplitube app with my headphones, so I'm wanna try to go this route before I purchase an expensive effects board. The TC-50 is amazing. It has the most beautiful clean channel and gets as dirty as a 50w amp can be expected to be. I customized it and it is quite stunning. I always bought used amps and, with that, you get used amps problems and uncertainties. I finally splurged on a new amp and I am extremely satisfied with the results. I would post a pic, but can't figure out how to do it :(
tibey44

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories