IPad Pro Gen 3 - GarageBand no audio through monitor

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IPad Pro Gen 3 - GarageBand no audio through monitor

Postby Ants666 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:01 am

I’ve tried to use iRid HD 2 on my iPad Pro Gen 3 with GarageBand and connecting my guitar to an amp. Unfortunately I’m getting no sound when monitoring. Correction: the monitor volume is just very low.

I can use AmpliTube without a problem - if I turn off the setting No Feedback.

I can also use Tonebridge ok - with the sound coming out though the amp as expected.

No matter what I do I cannot get GarageBand to output sound at a good level when “monitoring”.

I have used a micro usb to usb-c cable I got off Amazon (£6). To eliminate the cable I’ve just ordered a cable from your site for £36 pound.

Have you had any reports of issues with the new iPad? Can I return the cable if it doesn’t solve the problem?

It works fine on the Mac with GarageBand.

Thanks
Ants666

Re: iPad Pro Gen 3 - GarageBand no audio through monitor

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi, I'm not sure what could cause this but IK Support can likely assist (as well as answer your specific questions about the cable and your model iPad) at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories