Your Favourite Amp????

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Your Favourite Amp????

Postby edmundtownes » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:34 pm

Greetings,

I've been using Amplitube since version 3. Shortly after downloading the iOS app, I purchased the desktop version. Even after three years, I feel I'm only scratching the surface. Out of all the recent forum discussions, I haven't found much on favourite amps.

I've also discovered running Amplitube iOS through an actual speaker cab FIRST and then matching and tweaking similar setups in the desktop version get me much farther when I'm choosing rigs for recording. For me, what works coming out of an actual guitar speaker saves me from loosing myself down the rabbit hole through cans.

So, with that in mind, I want to start this thread. I love vintage amps. But after watching a few YouTube videos on running Hiwatts with a clean setting , I was interested to hear the same with Amplitube (desktop and iOS). Interestingly enough, the Engle 650 has an amazing clean sound – one to which I keep going back. I do love the Fender Twin, but there's something sweet and tasty about the headroom I perceive in the Engle 650.

So, what are your favourite Amplitube iOS amps?

Best,
JT
edmundtownes

Re: Your Favourite Amp????

Postby SecondSon » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:46 pm

I run mine through an alto ts312 crystal clear and blisteringly loud.
SecondSon

Re: Your Favourite Amp????

Postby edmundtownes » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:03 pm

SecondSon, I appreciate the response. But my question was regarding amp models in Amplitube iOS. Do you have a favourite?
edmundtownes

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories