Choosing which pianos to buy

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Choosing which pianos to buy

Postby anotherscott » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:28 am

In Sampletank iOS, there are multiple IAPs for different piano sounds...
... "SampleTank Additional Sounds" Piano Pack, 13 additional instruments
... "SampleTank Libraries" SampleTank PRO Classic Keys, 18 acoustic pianos
... "SampleTank Libraries" Sonik Synth, 7 acoustic pianos
... "SampleTank Libraries" Alan Parson Imperial Grand
... "SampleTank Libraries" Brandenburg Piano
... "SampleTank Libraries" Art Deco Piano
... "SampleTank Libraries" Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Piano

and then there are also a whole bunch more pianos you can buy in iGrand... a pack of 9 and a pack of 11 (of 22 total piano and related sounds) that can be added to the base set.

Most don't have in-app demos to listen to. (Even some that do don't play for me, for some reason.) How is one supposed to decide which to get? Are there online demos (of the iOS versions) somewhere? (Similarly, there are multiple packs of EPs, which I'd really like to hear.)

Related question: Are the iGrand pianos technically more advanced than the SampleTank pianos, or vice versa, or is there no pattern? (Same with iLectric vs the EPs in SampleTank.)
anotherscott

Re: Choosing which pianos to buy

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:41 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Let's see how I can help here.

I want to start by saying we have updated our list of SampleTank iOS sound libraries to include more info. Click here to see this newly updated list.

To clarify, iGrand Piano and iLectric Piano are dedicated to specific sounds. This does allow room for more detail to be included, so these sounds should be a little more in-depth compared to SampleTank, but don't this the wrong way. The SampleTank sounds are very detailed. :D

Now, as for your audio demo issues. Please make sure after pressing play you give these a moment. Some of these have some silence in the beginning. If after sometime no audio plays back, PM me the audio demos which are not playing for you exactly. I can look into this directly for you.

Below is a list of audio demos in the meantime.

Hope this helps!

Sonik Synth audio demos can be found here.

SampleTank Pro Classic Keys audio demos can be found here

Art Deco Piano audio demos can be found here

Brandenburg Piano audio demos can be found here

Allan Parsons audio demos can be found here

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 audio demos can be found here

SampleTank iOS audio demos can be found here

All IK audio demos can be found here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories