Sampletank "Smart Midi" not working

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Sampletank "Smart Midi" not working

Postby Willdrum@mnstate.edu » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Question: using the latest version of Sampletank on iOS (downloaded 2.0.11 this past week). I can't get "smart midi" to connect volume or tremolo for my vibraphone samples. Am using a Pearl Malletstation. Everything else seems to be connecting fine, but I'm not sure what to do...do the controls on the Malletstation need to be set to a specific CC and/or midi channel? Thanks!
Willdrum@mnstate.edu

Re: Sampletank "Smart Midi" not working

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The SampleTank app has two modes. LIVE and SONG. The LIVE mode will use different MIDI Channels for each part (There are 8 parts that can have their own instruments loaded), the SONG mode will offer different instrument 'parts' but these will all react to the same MIDI Channel. Try using SONG mode to learn these MIDI parameters. This will help you identify if this is a MIDI Channel issue.

Another way to check this would be using MIDI Wrench or MIDI Monitor. These are free apps for iOS which will help you identify what MIDI devices and messages are being connected/sent to your iOS device. These apps would show the MIDI Channel being used for these messages as well.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories