Live mode percussion

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Live mode percussion

Postby jimmy@jimmyplaysguitar.co » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm fairly new to sampletank so please forgive me for this noob question. In live mode, I select the percussion instrument I want to use, select enable and latch to use the loop function to play the backing beat. However, when I start to play, my guitar triggers additional beats that i don't want in the mix. How can I have the percussion loop play and keep sampletank from triggering on the percussion instrument while I play? Thanks.
jimmy@jimmyplaysguitar.co

Re: Live mode percussion

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Try using different MIDI Channels with your different instruments or try splitting up the notes for these instruments in the Layers page. This will help some, but not all instruments trigger with certain keys.

The user manual in the Menu -> Help page should help walk you through both of these options. You can also use the Tool Tips to find the pages I am referring to. These can be enabled or disabled with the "?" in the upper left hand corner of your screen.

Note -To change MIDI Channels go to the EDIT SOUNDS page and tap the currently selected MIDI Channel. This will bring up a carousel menu to select a new MIDI Channel.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Live mode percussion

Postby jimmy@jimmyplaysguitar.co » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Hey, Ryan. Thanks for the quick response.

I only use one instrument, my guitar. I convert to midi using midi guitar 2 and use sampletank on IPAD to add midi samples.

I perform live with this setup and most instruments perform really well in live mode.

I am familiar with selecting midi channels. Channel one is the only channel that produces sound for me. But then again, I only use one instrument.

I tried the multi's and splits route. Unfortunately, when I adjust the split to exclude the trigger notes for the percussive instrument, it also removes the instrument sound from the latched loop.

I need to learn more about song mode and how to create loops.

Will I run into the same problem when I load the instrument I used to make the loop in live mode?
How can I just play a track in live mode without having to use a percussive instrument?

Thanks, Jimmy
jimmy@jimmyplaysguitar.co

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories