Boosty boosty

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Boosty boosty

Postby SecondSon » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Is there a way to trigger more than one effect with one pedal press on the blueboard? Like have a boost/delay/overdrive going to one pedal for lead parts?

Also if anyone's using it live, what do you use for boost?

Ooh wait one more:
Is there a way to run the program without the screen being on? (Battery saving).
SecondSon

Re: Boosty boosty

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Hey SecondSon!

Thanks for your post

Let's see how we can help here.

SecondSon wrote:Is there a way to trigger more than one effect with one pedal press on the blueboard? Like have a boost/delay/overdrive going to one pedal for lead parts?

Yes, to accomplish this press and hold the BYPASS of the pedals you wish to add to your iRig Stomp I/O pedal's foot switch. Once done you will see a MIDI learn window. When you see this, press the pedal you want to send this control to. This should immediately learn after doing so.

SecondSon wrote:Also if anyone's using it live, what do you use for boost?

While I am interested in other user opinions here. Personally, my favorite boost is from the Slash collection. It really give you a nice extra push when you need it.

SecondSon wrote:Ooh wait one more:
Is there a way to run the program without the screen being on? (Battery saving).

Yes, use the 'Background Audio' option in the Menu -> Settings.

Hope this info helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby SecondSon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 am

Thanks Ryan. So I hold multiple pedal's switches until the midi learn comes up?

I've tried the included boost pedals but they don't really boost signal level, i've also tried using limiters to gold the volume down until it's needed but the dampening of the tone is too much. i've started using an external eq pedal before my speaker to raise volume.
SecondSon

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:35 pm

SecondSon wrote:Thanks Ryan. So I hold multiple pedal's switches until the midi learn comes up?

I've tried the included boost pedals but they don't really boost signal level, i've also tried using limiters to gold the volume down until it's needed but the dampening of the tone is too much. i've started using an external eq pedal before my speaker to raise volume.

No, you should not need to hold multiple pedals at once. These can be assigned one at a time to the same pedal. Looking deeper into this you will need to use the iRig BlueBoard app for this purpose. This is a free app in the Apple App Store. Connect your iRig BlueBoard here as opposed to inside of AmpliTube.

As for your boost concern. Are you looking for something to solely bring your volume up? If so, what interface are you using to send/receive signal to/from AmpliTube?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby SecondSon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:55 pm

I'm using irig hd2 and I only need the boost occasionally.
SecondSon

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:11 pm

SecondSon wrote:I'm using irig hd2 and I only need the boost occasionally.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. If the Slash Boost didn't quite meet your needs. Try the T-REX Moller pedal, the boost on this pedal can really come in handy. This also offers some extra gain if needed. There are also some other options you may want to look into if you just need some extra volume. Check out our Parametric and Graphic EQ pedals or our Compressor pedals. Look through the main AmpliTube category for these. There is also a great compressor in the Fender FX section which can be good for adding a little bit out output to your signal.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories