SampleTank crash on iOS 12

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Are you affected by issues in SampleTank on iOS 12?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Don’t care
No votes

Total votes : 23

SampleTank crash on iOS 12

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Please see the attached poll l, post how you voted in the thread (for cross reference mentioned later) and also still reply to any support tickets as we can cross reference and get a realistic number that way.

Note also the workaround from the other thread, if you are not aware.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank crash on iOS 12

Postby drmurphy0 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks Peter IK. Sorry for the frustration but this app has been essential to my recording for months now and when it doesn’t work in my setting it stops all my work. Thank you for the POLL and the update. IF you can update people regularly with respect to the progress we will be able to see it on here.
One question. I have never seen an APP update through my Sample Tank App. Are updates done through the app itself or the Apple App Store?
Thank you.
drmurphy0

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Cool, I will keep asking and try to get more info.

Apps are updated via the App Store app on your device.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JanoCambrian » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:16 am

Any news about when we may see the next update fixing the parameter options? Im crossing my fingers hoping it will be fixed very very very soon! An ETA would be great! Maybe that will give us all some feeling of relief! (hopefully) lol.

Oh and i have a question. Would we possibly see a garageband compatible IAA Sampletank update in the future??? Idk about anyone else but at least for me, its alot easier to arrange music with midi notes rather than record it live one by one you know what i mean? Itll make things alot smoother to get ideas out there, but its just a suggestion!
JanoCambrian

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:11 pm

There's no specific date but I believe the testing team has been receiving new SampleTank builds recently.

I would check with tech support because as far as I recall, SampleTank should be IAA compatible.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JanoCambrian » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Well hey thats a start! And im so sorry haha i meant the “Audio Unit Extensions” option in garageband i didnt mean the IAA sorry about that. At least things are getting done that makes me happy, thanks Peter IK!
JanoCambrian

Postby JanoCambrian » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 am

Any word on how close we are to the next Sampletank update??? And i dont know if you have an answer for this as well, but will there ever be a Miroslav Philarmonik Orchestra 3? Or anything similar coming soon???
JanoCambrian

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:46 pm

There is progress being made, it shouldn't be too too long now. Thank you for your patience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 pm

There continues to be progress, the testing team has been testing builds of SampleTank iOS and it shouldn't be much longer. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jswopes » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Good to see this is being addressed, thanks!
jswopes

Postby bigbri5050 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:14 am

Can you tell me how I will know that an update is available. Will it update automatically on iPad Pro?
bigbri5050

Postby jswopes » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:56 pm

bigbri5050 wrote:Can you tell me how I will know that an update is available. Will it update automatically on iPad Pro?

The app store should show notifications when you have apps that have pending updates.
jswopes

Postby david.allison » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:35 am

It’s now nearly 2 months since iOS12 was released and SampleTank started crashing.

The work around is not a practical solution for most and IK Multimedia really should have had this sorted by now.

It’s not good enough and also bizarrely acting against the interests of IK as a company to leave this app non functional.
david.allison

Postby letusworship » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Same question... Wow.. it's beena long while since you haven't either contacted us..

or given us a date it will be fixed. I've downloaded the two updates for IOS12.. but
none of them fix the problem of the buttons and touching them exits the program.

Can you give us a time period of fixing it? I agree with the above person..
letusworship

Postby volker@wadauer.com » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Hey Guys,

The SampleTank update is live. Make sure to get updated asap!

:D :D
volker@wadauer.com

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories