I-Rig suddenly stops working on I-phone

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

I-Rig suddenly stops working on I-phone

Postby meossi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi,
I have been using I-rig (1sr generation) with Iphone to exercise with my bass for months, but all of a sudden it stopped working. It was actually a "slow dying" process: it started with the cable needing several adjustments (in / out - plug / unplug) to get it working, then it definitely stopped.

I then bought the I-rig2, and went trough exactly the same issue. I realized that seemed to be an iphone issue, since connecting it to a different device (Iphone 5 instead of 6) it was working again...for a few months! then the same - again.

[mod redacted] Please note that the mobile mic still works properly and also listening to music via headphones has no issues - it is just the Irgi that once connected basically gives no signs of life.

Am I the only one having this issue? Any suggestions?

Maurizio
meossi

Re: I-Rig suddenly stops working on I-phone

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Hey Maurizio,

It sounds like you may be accumulating dirt, dust, or debris in your iOS device's Headphone port causing connection issues. Make sure to try cleaning out this port when you can with compressed air or contact cleaner to see if this helps. Also be sure to remove any protective casing to ensure this is not getting in the way.

If these suggestions do not help, please contact IK Multimedia technical support. They should be able to figure out what is going on here and if necessary, they can help you take advantage of your iRig unit's warranty.

Do note - This is a user-to-user discussion forum and not a technical support forum.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/warranty/

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories