Sampletank iOS constant crashing

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Sampletank iOS constant crashing

Postby RobCarter » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:02 am

Every time I tweak any of the control knobs, the whole app instantly closes down, and needs re-booting. I thought this might just be something to do with my iPad, but when I try it on my iPhone or my iPad Pro, the same thing keeps happening. I re-installed the entire app on my iPhone and it still does the same thing.

I play in a band, and use Sampletank as my main setup with my midi keyboard. I've programmed over 60 multis which has taken me a long time. With this problem, Sampletank is currently unusable.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Can anyone help/advise please?!
RobCarter

Re: Sampletank iOS constant crashing

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Hey RobCarter!

Thanks for your posts.

While I am more than happy to provide some information here. Do note, this is a user-to-user forum for discussion and not technical support. For any issues like this please contact technical support for the latest information and possible resolutions. Below is the support contact link.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Now, moving forward. Unfortunately we were able to recreate this issue as well.

We have already reported this to our development team for further review. We will see if this is something that can be quickly be fixed on our end, or if it's an issue with can check with Apple to see if it's on iOS 12 related issue.

We've also found that if you assign those parameters via MIDI, you can have full control. This is just a workaround for now, while our development team works towards a solution.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding while we resolve this issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby RobCarter » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:55 am

Thanks for coming back to me. Really appreciate it.

You are right, attaching to a midi keyboard and using the midi controls prevents the crash, but I do a lot of recording without using the controller, so I'd be grateful for a solution that tackles the problem without the need for the workaround.

R
RobCarter

Postby carlomagnogs » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Tengo exactamente el mismo problema
carlomagnogs

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Please stay tuned for upcoming updates to SampleTank iOS. You should be alerted of these in the Apple App store's 'Updates' section.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby RobCarter » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Thank you. Fingers crossed this will help solve my problem.
RobCarter

Postby gtsheps » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:40 am

Hi , same problem exactly. Why has this suddenly started happening. As a pro-muso I cannot use Sampletank!!! Please update this .I use iPad Pro 12"....... Glen
gtsheps

Postby scottatodd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Same problem here, I came to the forum looking for some information on this exact issue. Glad I'm not the only one -- looking forward to an updated version that doesn't crash!
scottatodd

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks for posting.

Please keep an eye out for the next SampleTank update in the Apple App store.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby RobCarter » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanks. Can you give a rough idea as to when that will be available? It seems i'm not the only one experiencing this problem, so I'm hoping this bug will be ironed out by the good folks at IK! :-)
RobCarter

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 pm

RobCarter wrote:Thanks. Can you give a rough idea as to when that will be available? It seems i'm not the only one experiencing this problem, so I'm hoping this bug will be ironed out by the good folks at IK! :-)

Unfortunately, I do not have a concrete time frame to offer at this time. I can however assure you that the team is doing their best to get this out as soon as they can. Thanks again for everyone's patience and cooperation so far.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby staffy5004 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi All

I see the last post on this was 05/11/18 has there been any progress since? My iPad updated to ios 12.4.4 and since then Sampletank won't even open. I have removed and reloaded the app but no joy :(
staffy5004

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Hey Staffy5004,

The latest version of SampleTank has been posted to resolve any issues with iOS 12. If you still are having any issues with the app on this iOS version. Please make sure to reach out to support as these would be considered irregular. Once a support ticket is opened, send me a PM with this ticket number.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories