iRig Pre HD as portable pre-amp

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Pre HD as portable pre-amp

Postby rifthead » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:20 pm

I just got myself an iRig Pre HD in the hopes of using it as a portable phantom powering preamp. I'm interested in using the direct out to feed a pocket audio recorder, without something plugged into the USB port (just running a signal from the XLR input to the 3.5mm direct out). From the manual and playing around with the Pre HD, that doesn't currently seem possible, but I wonder if there's any chance that could change with a firmware update in the future. I love the form factor of the Pre HD, and if I could use it as an analog phantom power source as well as a USB interface, it would be an amazing addition to my kit.

If there's no chance that the Pre HD can have that functionality, is there a different iRig product that might?
rifthead

Re: iRig Pre HD as portable pre-amp

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Thank you for the suggestion, we will relay that to the team. We do not have a product that functions as a standalone preamp at this time, they must be plugged into a compatible device.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories