IRig Keys I/O glitches out alot

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IRig Keys I/O glitches out alot

Postby randyfreemire » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:33 am

I have had a lot of freezing, stuck notes and other problems with this keyboard. I end up turning it off, or unplugging the ipad connector, and it’ll come back on. But this happens a lot, like sometimes every couple minutes.

I have an iPad Pro 9.7”, running iOS 11.4. I’m not having this problem using my Casio MZ-X500 as a controller, its never hung up once. With the Keys I/0, its happened over 50 times. It happens with all the software programs i’m using, the main one being Syntronik, but it doesn’t really matter which one.

I have changed the batteries in the keyboard. I took out the cable extender (from the din to lightning connector), and I thought that solved the freezing problem, but its back again. When i first had this keyboard it worked as expected. At some point, early on, it started freezing up and it’s been pretty worthless since.

Can’t think of anything else. Do I have a defective keyboard?

Thanks, Randy
randyfreemire

Re: IRig Keys I/O glitches out alot

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:20 pm

That is definitely not typical behavior. I recommend opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can troubleshoot with you directly and help resolve your issue. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby randyfreemire » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Peter / Support staff,
I opened a ticket as advised and now have an email from IKM that says to go to a web address:
[redacted link, contains email information]

I tried going to the web address and google says it does not exist.

Questions: why make the above link clickable? I had to copy and paste to get to it. Why not have info about this ticket item in the email itself? Possibly cause they haven’t responded to it yet?

Don’t want to have to open another ticket in order to know how to see what’s going on with the existing ticket. Help!

Thanks, Randy
randyfreemire

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:30 pm

The link should show up clickable, I opened a test ticket and was able to click the link. It should also work as my test link did and I copied yours and that worked too.

You received notification that your ticket was open, and the team will reply to your ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby randyfreemire » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Peter,
Thanks for checking this out. I’ve got other clickable links from IKM, buth the only clickable part of that link was my email address. I tried twice copying and pasting the web address and both times nothing came up. I’m using Yahoo mail on my ipad. But whatever, these funny little glitches happen sometimes, thanks for conveying the info that there’s nothing to report yet.

I’d stopped using my iRig Keys I/O for several months now because of the glitching, but it’s practically brand new and i need this little controller to work!

Thanks again,
Randy
randyfreemire

Postby randyfreemire » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Follow up.

After alot of back and forth with customer support emails, I sent my defective unit to Florida and IKM sent me a new one! Yeah!!!! Have had zero problems with it, use it all the time, esp as my only other keyboard for live use was stolen.

Good to know IKM stands behind their products!

Randy
randyfreemire

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories