iPhone x and iRig HD

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iPhone x and iRig HD

Postby johnegreene » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:38 am

I've been using my iRig HD for quite some time for practicing and playing along with various recordings using headphones. I recently bought an iPhone X and it comes with a lightning adapter for the headphones. But the iRig needs to plug into the lightning jack. What is the appropriate way for getting back my ability to play while using headphones? I bought the AirPods thinking they would solve the problem as long as the latency wasn't too bad but AmpliTube doesn't even recognize they are there and plays through the phones speaker.
johnegreene

Re: iPhone x and iRig HD

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:41 pm

AmpliTube (and many/most) realtime audio apps will not output to Bluetooth due to the inherent latency that would make playing/recording a frustrating experience.

Please note that iRig HD 2 adds a headphone jack and other features and was released after iPhones had their headphone jacks removed.

For iRig HD, you'd need to use an accessory like Apple's Lightning dock in order to regain your headphone jack access.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby johnegreene » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Dang, lightning dock for $49.00 or a new iRig 2 for $99.

Turns out I had a few Jam points available. Made it a little less painful. :)
johnegreene

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:59 pm

johnegreene wrote:Dang, lightning dock for $49.00 or a new iRig 2 for $99.

Turns out I had a few Jam points available. Made it a little less painful. :)

Yes, we were able to make a compatible iRig (HD 2 and others) but unfortunately we did not know when the original iRig HD was released that the headphone jack would be going away. I guess if we had that kind of foresight we'd be even bigger than Apple ;)

iRig HD 2 is quite a lot for the price point, though. I've compared it to another guitar interface whose 96k version is $30 more than iRig HD 2 but iRig HD 2 not only does 96k but also has more features for $30 less - including the headphone output. Hope that takes a little more of the sting off :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories