Got to buy again??

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Got to buy again??

Postby jodenmi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 am

So I own the licences for apps: Sampletank (for iOS) iLectric and iGrand...been running them on my ipad, but I now have a need to run them on my iphone, and lo and behold I am being asked to pay for them again....is that correct? Probs doesn't apply to iLectric as I don't think its available for iphone anyway.

Thanks
jodenmi

Re: Got to buy again??

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:27 pm

SampleTank is a universal app so as long as you are logged in to your device on the same iTunes account / Apple ID you can do a restore purchases and you should be fine and you don't have to r e-buy. iGrand Piano is a separate app on iPhone and iPad but you can use iCloud sharing to use in-app purchases/gear from your purchased version in the free version of the app on the other platform.

If you still have trouble, please contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ios-apps/ and they will troubleshoot with you directly.

Thank you.

[edited to clarify and correct with good news!]
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jodenmi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks Peter, and iGrand? App Store will not allow me to install it with paying for it first...even though I already have the full version (plus upgrade packs) on my iPad.
jodenmi

Postby jodenmi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 pm

No, you misunderstand even the basic APP I have to buy again? That cannot be right surely?
jodenmi

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:04 pm

jodenmi wrote:No, you misunderstand even the basic APP I have to buy again? That cannot be right surely?

It is not a universal app so they are separate apps, sold separately.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jodenmi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:06 pm

Wow, that s a bit of a gouge then! I might have to post on a broader forum for this. Every other app out there works for either iPhone or iPad (assuming the coding is done) and app makers do not charge separately!

Thank you for the confirmation.
jodenmi

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Actually it isn't every other app but more important is the correction:

While there are two separate apps, you can actually use iCloud now to transfer in-app purchases and gear between the versions by using the free version of iGrand Piano on one platform. Please check out the FAQ at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3745 for details.

Sorry about the confusion, I was not aware of the free apps honoring iCloud sharing as a solution to your question which I misunderstood a bit.

Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jodenmi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:18 pm

thank you I will try that then.
jodenmi

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:21 pm

jodenmi wrote:thank you I will try that then.

You're welcome. Edited to correct and to clarify where appropriate. There's still a request from some to make the apps Universal that is forwarded to the team too, by the way. It would be a little easier and clear that way, but you do have the iCloud transfer at this time but have to use the free version of the app on the opposite platform in order to do this which some have stated might be a bit more confusing.

Thanks again and sorry for causing some confusion!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories