iRig PRO DUO vs iRig HD 2 vs ???

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig PRO DUO vs iRig HD 2 vs ???

Postby saviobarnes » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:10 am

So recently my practice time has been limited to the wee hours of the night and I'm looking for an interface to plug into either my laptop or ipad/iphone etc. so I can practice quietly and maybe do some recording as well.

Hopefully someone can help me in clearing up some of the confusion surrounding the iRig devices.

First of all, is the Pro DUO worth it? It seems awfully expensive and it looks like it just has a plastic casing on it which seems cheap. For that price it seems that I can get a Resident Audio T4 with a thunderbolt interface.

Also, would I even need the PRO DUO? Will the HD 2 serve me just as well?
saviobarnes

Re: iRig PRO DUO vs iRig HD 2 vs ???

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:37 pm

iRig HD 2 would suffice for your needs. It would be a simple plug in and play practice option. iRig HD 2 is made with guitarists in mind and if your are plugging in one guitar and practicing or recording it will provide high quality (up to 96kHz) audio at a great price.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig PRO DUO vs iRig HD 2 vs ???

Postby tim.ryland » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:57 pm

I use an iRig HD2, ita great piece of kit and will suit what you want to do perfectly.
tim.ryland

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories