How do I record video using amplitube app?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

How do I record video using amplitube app?

Postby lalsfwegt » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:58 am

I just bought the iRig acoustic - great product. However I want to be able to record video USING the sound I create on the AmpliTube app. Everything is okay while I'm recording, but upon playback it is just the dry sound of the guitar. There are countless dudes demoing the product on YouTube but they take for granted that you know how to set everything up. Thanks for your help.

NOTE: I am using the camera app on iPhone for recording video.
lalsfwegt

Re: How do I record video using amplitube app?

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Most of those are connecting the audio output from the interface connected to their iOS device into another video recording device. To use the audio output of one app into another app on the same iOS device both apps (including the video app) would need to support technology like Audiobus or Inter-app Audio. Most video apps, including the built-in Camera app on iOS, do not support such audio-centric technologies unfortunately.

You can try out our iRig Recorder 3 app, though, which recently added video recording If you use AmpliTube in GarageBand and then connect that into iRig Recorder 3 you should be able to get your AmpliTube tones on video. I believe our support team may be working on a more step-by-step on this so I will see if there is material on that available yet and share when it is.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lalsfwegt » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Most of those are connecting the audio output from the interface connected to their iOS device into another video recording device.

Hi, thank you for your response! How would I go about connecting another iOS device? Is the audio output you speak of where headphones typically plug into?
lalsfwegt

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:42 pm

lalsfwegt wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Most of those are connecting the audio output from the interface connected to their iOS device into another video recording device.

Hi, thank you for your response! How would I go about connecting another iOS device? Is the audio output you speak of where headphones typically plug into?

I don’t think most do it with another iOS device I think many use a camera setup so they’d send the audio to a mixer or into their camera.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lalsfwegt » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
lalsfwegt wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:I don’t think most do it with another iOS device I think many use a camera setup so they’d send the audio to a mixer or into their camera.

Oh okay great. Would I do this by using a 1/4" audio jack cable? Theoretically I could connect into my laptop and record video from there?
lalsfwegt

Postby Saia2022 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:43 pm

Hello all,

Please help me with this product - irig 2. I want to record videos with my iphone camera but with sound from the mixer or audio interface. How can i do that?
More exactly i want to record video with my friend playing at his instrument and on recording to have the sound from tbe mixer or audio interface.

Thank you all.
Waiting for advices✌️
Saia2022

Postby Kry82Sbb » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:23 am

Hi,

This post is a bit old but I have the same question.

I recently bought IRig HD2. As a device I use an IPad Pro.

What is the easiest way to record a video with my bass guitar sound and backing track?

IRig Recorder only records the Bass Guitar signal. My only solution at the moment is to open the camera on the iPad and do a screen recording. But this solution is not really good.

I don't want to send my IRig back because I want to be mobile with the recordings.

Regards
Kris
Kry82Sbb

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories