Help pls. iRig2 + iiPhone8 = "built in microphone"

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Help pls. iRig2 + iiPhone8 = "built in microphone"

Postby ShipmanPhotos » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed. I didn't find it in a quick search. Here's the problem...

I cannot get Amplitube / my phone to recognize the input from the iRig guitar signal. It always says input source is "built in microphone." No signal from the guitar or iRig. It is connected correctly.

Had the same issue when I tried another guitar cable.
Had the same issue when I tried it on my iPad.
Had the same issue when I tried a different lightning adapter (both are the ones that came with iphone 8's).
Had the same issue when I tried it with a different iRig 2, while working for 40 minutes with guitar center employee to figure this out. No luck.

Basically no matter what I do - the input source never changes from "built in microphone."

I feel this has to be a common issue with an easy fix. If you know what I need to do - please advise. Thanks!
ShipmanPhotos

Re: Help pls. iRig2 + iiPhone8 = "built in microphone"

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Please make sure you are using the included 3.5mm --> Lightning adapter (the Apple official one) that is included with your iPhone 8. If you are and still experience this issue it is recommended that you open a ticket with IK Support who will troubleshoot directly with you to see where the problem lies. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ShipmanPhotos » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm

I am using the official Apple adapter. I've tried two different ones in case one was faulty. Same issue both times.

I have already opened a ticket (last friday) but no response yet.
ShipmanPhotos

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:33 pm

That is unusual, tickets are typically answered within one business day. What is your ticket number?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ShipmanPhotos » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:46 pm

I looked and looked and can't find the confirmation email - so I wonder if it may have failed to send or complete somehow.

So, I entered a new ticket just now. And on that one I do have a number. 350938

Thanks
ShipmanPhotos

Postby Davalex2006 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:22 pm

Did you ever get your issue taken care of. I’m having the same problem
Davalex2006

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Davalex2006 wrote:Did you ever get your issue taken care of. I’m having the same problem

Please open a ticket as well as many times problems that appear similar or the same are not. IK Support can assist you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and will get you up and running.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mthatcher61 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Was this ever resolved? I am having exact same problem with my iPhone 11.
Mthatcher61

Postby The_Crow » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:02 am

Same problem. I’ve tried a bunch of different iOS devices from the 1st generation iPad to most current iPads and iPhones. I cannot change the input from "built-in mic" no matter what I do. I’m trying to do this with a guitar plugged into an iRig Stomp.

I wish IK Support could simply post the fix here - or at least some suggestions so we don’t have to go to the trouble of opening a ticket, etc. It seems to be a common enough problem…
The_Crow

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:31 am

There isn't likely one single "fix" to post here. Please report your issue to IK Support if you have not done so already and they will work directly with you to resolve your issue. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories