Crackles with IOS APPS

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Crackles with IOS APPS

Postby dancemad » Mon May 21, 2018 3:05 am

Anyone else getting crackles on iOS amplitub. Happens for me within about 5 minutes of starting the app. Must force quit app and restart to get a clean sound again.

Am using a brand new iPad and have turned off all the settings which suggest to do so under these circumstance.

Am trying really hard to find a reliable Amplitube setup for stage play, however, the buggieness is dominating my effort.

I am also wondering if it might be the new iRig Stomp io pedal. As the desktop version with the Stomp is also buggy and freezes when switching from bank mode to pedal mode.

All very frustrating as the sounds I get when it’s working are wonderful.
dancemad

Re: Crackles with IOS APPS

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Have you reported these issues to IK Support? If not, please do so and they'll surely troubleshoot and help resolve your issues expediently.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dancemad » Mon May 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Yes, two trouble tickets and no responses after a week.
dancemad

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 21, 2018 3:26 pm

dancemad wrote:Yes, two trouble tickets and no responses after a week.

That is not the normal experience, they will typically respond within one business day (M-F, 10a-7p EST). Please check your junk/spam folders and if there's nothing there please PM your ticket number and I'll have someone see what happened.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dancemad » Wed May 23, 2018 7:45 pm

Tech support verified a known issue with the the iPad 6th generation and the Stomp io. Will await the updates
dancemad

Postby ricinro » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:59 am

I just started using the stomp IO and noticed the crackling noise when connected to my ipad (gen 5) as well as an overall uninspiring sound. I tried to create an clean (no effects, no amps) patch and whether through headphones or plugged into my egnater rebel the sound quality is poor compared to just plugging straight into the amp.
Until seeing this thread I assumed I was getting RF interference and was going start changing cables/turning off my electronics to identify where the noise was coming from.
I guess I will download Amplitude4 to my imac and see if there is a difference in sound quality and the crackling noise followed by changing latency settings.

-Rich
ricinro

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 am

ricinro wrote:I just started using the stomp IO and noticed the crackling noise when connected to my iPad (gen 5) as well as an overall uninspiring sound. I tried to create an clean (no effects, no amps) patch and whether through headphones or plugged into my egnater rebel the sound quality is poor compared to just plugging straight into the amp.
Until seeing this thread I assumed I was getting RF interference and was going start changing cables/turning off my electronics to identify where the noise was coming from.
I guess I will download Amplitude4 to my imac and see if there is a difference in sound quality and the crackling noise followed by changing latency settings.

-Rich

This should only be an issue if you have that very specific model of iPad. I'd recommend consulting IK Support directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ so they can verify and if that's not the case they can get you working properly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ricinro » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:55 pm

I installed Amplitude4 to my imac and noticed better sound quality yet there was still crackling. I went to settings/audio midi setup and adjusted buffer size until the crackling stopped.
ricinro

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories