How do you re-program PADS on IRig Keys I/0 25

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

How do you re-program PADS on IRig Keys I/0 25

Postby s.rudolph » Sun May 06, 2018 10:41 pm

hi.
I have read IBM 370 manuals, but can't figure out most of the stuff for this keyboard (OK.. a lot of this stuff, i need someone to explain to me)..

But i would like to re-program the PADs if that is possible.
for example.. i have a drum kit...
The left=most C on the keyboard (not sure if its C1 or C3?...) has a nice bass drum patch.
anyway.
when i hit the first pad on the keyboard. , i am getting a different sound/patch.. some other bass drum going on. Can i not get PAD1 to play whatever i am hitting on the the C piano key ?
i'm using Cubasis.. so i guess whatever midi number is being sent to Cubasis.. the #1 pad should be sending that same midi number...
(gee alot of spelling mistakes and such in that manual)...
s.rudolph

Re: How do you re-program PADS on IRig Keys I/0 25

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Hey s.rudolph,

Thanks for your post!

Let's see if I can help here. Try these steps. These should help you set the iRig Keys I/O 25 pads to any MIDI Note On/Off message you wish to use.

1) Tap the 'ALT' button (Blank button) on your keyboard.
2) Tap the 'EDIT' button (Play button).
3) The display on your iRig Keys I/O should now show 'GLO' (Global), use the DATA knob to scroll to and select 'PrE' (Preset).
4) Once in the Preset section, scroll (Using the DATA knob) to the "PAd" option and select this (Tap the DATA knob).
5) Now you will see all options for editing your device's pads. In this page, select "PAd" to select a specific pad to edit.
6) When your display shows "SEL" tap the physical pad you wish to edit.
7) You can now scroll through the different options in this page, or select the first option, which is "ntE" (Note).
8) Once your in the "ntE" page, this will allow you to use the DATA Knob to scroll through the octaves available, then the first octave on your keyboard can be used select the note you wish to send (C1 - B1).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby legalsuit » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi Ryan, can you lay out the steps for assigning a pad to a transpose change? Like -3 semitones or -1 semitones? Thanks!
legalsuit

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:23 pm

legalsuit wrote:Hi Ryan, can you lay out the steps for assigning a pad to a transpose change? Like -3 semitones or -1 semitones? Thanks!

Pads can't control the transposition of the keyboard, but you can use the pads for quick recall of presets with different transpose options. The first 8 user presets will be loaded to the pads for quick recall. Tap ALT > Preset to see the pads light up for quick recall.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby bobeb » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:34 pm

I am trying to reprogram the drum pads on the Irig i/o 49. These instructions are incomplete they do not go to the end of the process, including storing those settings. After several attempts I have thrown in the towel. Your assistance is appreciated.
bobeb

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories