iPhone 7 headphone dongle issues

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iPhone 7 headphone dongle issues

Postby kleins6 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:50 pm

Hey folks,
I got a new iPhone 7 a while back so have to use the lighting/3.5mm adapter now and am getting weird results in Amplitube Acoustic with my effects settings. It seems that on any preset using the tube amp at least, the 2nd effects setting always includes a delay. You can still hear the flange or chorus but the delay is always there now. I tried my iRig on my iPad (what I was using before) and that still works fine, so I'm guessing the lighting dongle required by the new iPhones is at issue? There might be more issues, but I've got a gig this weekend so have to go with the iPad for now.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff
kleins6

Re: iPhone 7 headphone dongle issues

Postby kleins6 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:22 am

So an update on my findings:

I should clarify that the iPad version I was using that still worked fine was Amplitube Acoustic Free, not the paid version I have on my phone.
So, I bought an iPad Mini 2 so I could avoid the lighting audio port and it has the SAME issue!

I checked all 3 amp models and the amp effects on all 3 are messed up. FX1 on Solid State 1 seems to be only chorus and spring reverb no matter what you set it to. FX1 on SS2 and Tube only has 2 different reverb sounds. FX2 on SS2 and Tube have delay no matter what you choose, but Flanger and Chorus seem to also mix in Chorus with the delay.

This is obviously a bug in the paid version. Question is, how do I fix it?

I have a ticket in to Support, but it's been over a week and no response other than the automated "yeah, we're working on your ticket", and I also updated them with this info.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue??

Thanks,
Jeff
kleins6

Re: iPhone 7 headphone dongle issues

Postby kleins6 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:02 pm

Well, I finally got a reply from Tech Support and there is indeed a bug in the latest release of Amplitube Acoustic (maybe more?) that affects the effects. So, at least I'm not crazy but they don't have a patch release date yet...and I've got two gigs coming up...

Jeff
kleins6

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories