IRig HD2 with apps like Songsterr and Guitar Pro

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IRig HD2 with apps like Songsterr and Guitar Pro

Postby Juppstein » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:36 am

Hi,

When I tried to use iRig HD2 with the headphones connected to the iRigs jack and Amplitube running in the background, it seems apps like Songsterr or Guitar Pro do not forward their audio to the headphone jack of the iRig. Is there a place where I could change the audio routing or an app that could do that? Or is this a limitation of MIDI? The combination of Amplitube and stuff like Guitar Pro would be nice one for learning new songs with the iPad.
Juppstein

Re: IRig HD2 with apps like Songsterr and Guitar Pro

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Hey Juppstein,

This does sound unusual. Make sure to use the 'Background Audio' function when using AmpliTube with other apps like Guitar Pro. This will help you playback AmpliTube while viewing these apps. This will be an option in Menu -> Settings.

If this does not help here please contact our support team. They should be able to figure this out for you.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Juppstein » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Did some more testing.

It looks like all audio coming through the audio jack of the iRig is being processed somehow and it gets very distorted. Voices are almost inaudible (I have to up the volume to the max on the IPad and the iRig headphone jack to hear a tiny bit of voice sound). Interesting enough, I can hear guitar sound from Youtube videos, albeit in a very bad quality with echo, crackles and missing mids, and the moment someone talks on video the sound goes away. It almost sounds like a filter is applied to the audio coming in from the iPad Pro to the iRig. This was tested without having other audio apps running the background like Amplitube or similar. Just Youtube and the iRig connected to the iPad.
Juppstein

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Juppstein wrote:Did some more testing.

It looks like all audio coming through the audio jack of the iRig is being processed somehow and it gets very distorted. Voices are almost inaudible (I have to up the volume to the max on the iPad and the iRig headphone jack to hear a tiny bit of voice sound). Interesting enough, I can hear guitar sound from Youtube videos, albeit in a very bad quality with echo, crackles and missing mids, and the moment someone talks on video the sound goes away. It almost sounds like a filter is applied to the audio coming in from the iPad Pro to the iRig. This was tested without having other audio apps running the background like Amplitube or similar. Just Youtube and the iRig connected to the iPad.

I would suggest taking this up with our support team. They should be able to either figure out what is going on here or how to proceed from here with a Warranty exchange if necessary.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories