Amplitube versus Amplitube 4?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Amplitube versus Amplitube 4?

Postby glenklein@gmail.com » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:57 pm

New user here...

I have the iRig HD 2 and am wondering if there is a difference between Amplitube and Amplitube 4?

I thought that when I registered the iRig, Amplitube would be unlocked and I would have access to the full version?

I don't have access to the multiple mics on cabinet placement on my iPad or iPhone versions.

Does this mean that I need to purchase Amplitube ($19.99) to get access to these features? If so, is there a difference between Amplitube and Amplitube 4 (or, 4.5)?

Thanks - Glen
glenklein@gmail.com

Re: Amplitube versus Amplitube 4?

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:48 pm

With iRig HD 2 you unlock the features of the 19.99 version of AmpliTube for iOS in the free version (AmpliTube CS). To see what you get with iRig HD 2 and how to unlock it, you can visit this page: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... ig-hd2-app (click on "More Info" below the appropriate iPhone or iPad version on that page to see how to unlock the gear). Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby glenklein@gmail.com » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks for replying... I guess I've already registered it.

The registered version doesn't include the 8 track, or the extra cabinet room mics, correct?

Those are add-ons?

Also - if I pay for a discounted new bundle which also includes Amplitube, does iTunes relcalculate discounted bundle at checkout minus the Amplitube app?

One more stupid question while I have your attention:

Do bundles purchased for an ipad also work on my iPhone?

For example, if I purchase the Mesa Boogie amps for iPad, will those amps also work on my iPhone?

Thanks -
glenklein@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:18 pm

No problem

8-track and extra cabinet mics are available via in-app purchase, yes. Per that page:
You can expand AmpliTube via in-app purchase with:

• More Stomp, Amp, Cab and Mic models
  • Cab Room
  • 8 track recorder with master effects and studio section
  • More Loop Drummer style packs (8 Grooves, 64 Loops each)
  • Looper section
  • UltraTuner

App bundles on the AppStore (not in-app purchase bundles) will dynamically calculate the price of multiple apps based on what you already have in the bundle.

In-app gear purchases will work on your iPhone or iPad, if you follow the steps in this FAQ (I recommend you read it first, as you will likely be unlocking the gear in the CS - free - app on one platform): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3649
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby glenklein@gmail.com » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Thanks for your help and your patience... just want to make sure I understand what I'm reading before proceeding.

You've been very helpful... thank-you.
glenklein@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:29 pm

No problem! Happy to help. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy the gear and have some fun making music!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories