iRig Recorder App Will Not Open/Can't Access Files

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Recorder App Will Not Open/Can't Access Files

Postby timothymcphate » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:30 am

Hello, I opened a support ticket on Sunday, April 8, but have yet to receive a reply. So I wanted to post this here with the hopes that someone can help me troubleshoot:

Ticket #: 670703

Yesterday, I conducted an interview on my iPad Mini using the iRig Recorder app.

I was able to record the interview. However, since, I have been unable to open the app. It starts the welcome screen and then just goes black. Further, in syncing to my iTunes, under the File Sharing tab, there are no files listed under iRig Recorder. In going to my storage settings on my iPad, it says I have 3.73 GB of data. So I can confirm that the files are there -- I just can't access them.

I really need to access this new file. Can you please help me troubleshoot? I am very concerned as I am seeing similar comments in the App Store from other iRig Recorder users.

Tim McPhate

Support Area: IK Multimedia USA
Product: iRig Recorder
Hardware: iPad mini
Mobile OS: iOS 11.3
timothymcphate

Re: iRig Recorder App Will Not Open/Can't Access Files

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble, I have relayed your ticket information to the support team. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby timothymcphate » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:31 am

I opened the ticket on Sunday -- I'm concerned I have yet to receive a response. Is that normal customer service protocol? Really hoping that someone can help me troubleshoot this.
timothymcphate

Postby timothymcphate » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:14 am

Extremely disappointed at the level of customer service I've received from IK Multimedia. Ticket opened on April 8 and have been essentially pushed to the side with no resolution to my problem.
timothymcphate

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Please reply to your ticket that the suggestions are not working and they will certainly continue to assist you with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that it isn't a quick fix, but I'm confident they can assist and/or get the appropriate details to the developers to assist if necessary.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby timothymcphate » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:31 pm

Peter, I have tried this, repeatedly.

And I have tried to be patient. But I am in a real bind in terms of a deadline and I desperately need to access this file. And I am not getting the help I need.

You may view for yourself here at this thread:

http://techsupport.ikmultimedia.com/en/ ... ?id=670703

Is there anything else that can be done?
timothymcphate

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:51 pm

I wouldn’t have access to that. They will definitely assist you to their best capacity and you can tell them about your deadline.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby timothymcphate » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:56 pm

Yes, I have mentioned it on multiple occasions. And no resolution. I don't know what else I can do at this point. They won't help me and you're saying you can't either. Ticket was opened on April 8. That's two weeks ago.
timothymcphate

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:03 pm

This forum is a user forum and the mods/admins are not equipped to provide technical support. I know it can be frustrating when a difficult technical issue is not able to be resolved as quickly as others but I assure ya it the team working on your problem are the best-equipped to help resolve it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yowproductions » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:16 am

I have EXACTLY the same problem. In addition the first time I used the app, my ipad storage ran out and whatever footage had been recorded is simply just not there.
Timothy if you get an answer from support, perhaps post it here so we can all see it otherwise we''ll all have to go through the pain of waiting (sorry it had to be you).
cheers
MSG
yowproductions

Postby joelleuph1 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:34 am

Hello, I am having exactly the same problem! Please help!
joelleuph1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 25, 2018 12:36 am

Please report this issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you directly. This forum is meant for user-to-user discussion and general announcements. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories