Irig pro I/o latency

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Irig pro I/o latency

Postby wayne5354 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi folks, I’m having very bad latency no matter on iPhone or Mac. Just want to know if anyone has the same problem or just my unit.

I also have a irig ua which I don’t feel any latency. So I’m sure the latency on my pro I/o is difference.
wayne5354

Re: Irig pro I/o latency

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm

You should not experience such latency with iRig Pro I/O - what app are you using?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wayne5354 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:07 am

Peter_IK wrote:You should not experience such latency with iRig Pro I/O - what app are you using?

Hi Peter, thanks for reply. I'm using AmpliTube on iphone and AmpliTube 4 on mac.
wayne5354

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:10 pm

wayne5354 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:You should not experience such latency with iRig Pro I/O - what app are you using?

Hi Peter, thanks for reply. I'm using AmpliTube on iPhone and AmpliTube 4 on mac.

You should definitely not be experiencing that kind of latency. I would recommend opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ so they can assist you directly. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sllaneza » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:05 am

I have the same issue.
used my iRig Pro I/0 for a year an no problem, but now it's giving me bad latency, delay. Not only while recording over a track (it seems like disconnected in tempo), but also just playing, without recording. I hit the guitar string and it sounds later.... it's very bad.
I've updated the garageband software and still has the delay.
Tried the iRig Firmware Updater to see if its up to date and the firmware states "devices found: none"
I have new batteries on the iRig, lights turn on when I connect it to my Mac.... all seems fine, but the latency is killing me.
Please advise.
Sllaneza

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:46 pm

Sllaneza wrote:I have the same issue.
used my iRig Pro I/0 for a year an no problem, but now it's giving me bad latency, delay. Not only while recording over a track (it seems like disconnected in tempo), but also just playing, without recording. I hit the guitar string and it sounds later.... it's very bad.
I've updated the garageband software and still has the delay.
Tried the iRig Firmware Updater to see if its up to date and the firmware states "devices found: none"
I have new batteries on the iRig, lights turn on when I connect it to my Mac.... all seems fine, but the latency is killing me.
Please advise.

Please use the link in the reply above yours to get direct technical support as the device should be found by the updater and iRig Pro I/O will normally provide very low latency without issue. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JUlianKmusic » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:44 am

I have the same issue.
use my iRig Pro I/0 with the filmic pro app, and it's giving me bad latency, delay. Not only while recording over a track (it seems like disconnected in tempo), but also just playing, without recording.
I have new batteries on the iRig, lights turn on when I connect it to my iPhone 11.... all seems fine, but the latency is killing me.
Please advise.
JUlianKmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please use the link in the reply above yours to get direct technical support as the device should be found by the updater and iRig Pro I/O will normally provide very low latency without issue. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wayne5354 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:23 pm

wayne5354 wrote:Hi folks, I’m having very bad latency no matter on iPhone or Mac. Just want to know if anyone has the same problem or just my unit.

I also have a irig ua which I don’t feel any latency. So I’m sure the latency on my pro I/o is difference.

Just an update for any people with the same problem and found this page. I totally gave up the unit since the problem cannot be solved. However, out of curious I tried again today and the problem still the same with my new macbook pro 16". Then I found IK's firmware updater and update the unit and now problem solved. It's going normal with very low latency now. I hope this info help people with the same problem. Good luck

p.s. the updater can be found https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/firmware/
wayne5354

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories