iRig Pro Duo - Power questions - using with iPad Air 2

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Pro Duo - Power questions - using with iPad Air 2

Postby pgoodwin1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:06 pm

When interfacing to an iPad using the mini DIN connector to lightning cable, does the iRig Pro Duo charge the iPad? With an external 9V supply and without?

I’m interested in doing some lengthy sessions with the iRig Pro Duo and the iPad Air. I planned on using an external 9V power adapter. The way I understand it, the external power supply doesn’t charge the batteries in the iRig unit. It’s not clear whether the iPad receives any charging current from the iRig Pro Duo when connected to a USB port with sufficient power for the Pro Duo, or with the external 9V power adapter, or when running on just batteries.

In order to have the iPad charge do I need Apple’s Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter and connect the mini DIN on the iRig to the large USB connector on the camera adapter, then connect the Lightning connector (next to the big usb connector) to the charger that came with the iPad, and connect the camera adapter Lightning cable to the iPad.

Has anyone tried this?
pgoodwin1

Re: iRig Pro Duo - Power questions - using with iPad Air 2

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:16 pm

iRig Pro Duo will not charge your device with or without the power supply. You would need to use iRig PowerBridge to do so (and note on that page it states that PowerBridge does not power the iRig Pro Duo).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig Pro Duo - Power questions - using with iPad Air 2

Postby pgoodwin1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Thanks. That looks perfect.

Yikes. It’s $70 usd. Oh well, when you’re striving for perfection....
pgoodwin1

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories