Using SampleTank Free as a sound module.

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Using SampleTank Free as a sound module.

Postby 2jdsmusic@gmail.com » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:27 pm

I play a Yamaha WX-5 wind controller and am looking to use the SampleTank Free as a sound source for practice only. I have a Yamaha BT01 bluetooth wireless midi controller that I am trying to use. Forgive me but I can't find ANYWHERE in SampleTank where I define my Midi Interface? Does ST only work with the iRIG-Midi lightning interface? I searched this forum and found a few very old posts(2012) regarding using ST with the WX5 wind controller, but no where did it show how to set it up?

Thanks
JD
2jdsmusic@gmail.com

Re: Using SampleTank Free as a sound module.

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:43 pm

SampleTank for iOS will work with any MIDI controller that works with your iOS device. You may want to check if your controller is transmitting on a different channel than the sounds are set to receive on.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 2jdsmusic@gmail.com » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:51 pm

The interface works fine with StageTrax to play back MP3 files. In StageTrax I can view my interface that shows as connected. I was looking for something like that in SampleTank. Right now I cannot even determine it ST "sees" the interface. My WX5 controller is set to transmit on channel 1 and if I use the midiox tool on a pc I can verify it is transmitting.
2jdsmusic@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:46 pm

SampleTank will use any connected and working MIDI controller. I'd suggest that you open a ticket with IK Support if you have not done so already so they can figure out what is happening in your case.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bitmann » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:44 pm

Hello Peter!
I'm trying to play Sample Tank using my Elektron Analog Keys connected through the CCK and I can't get the app to play ball. The keyboard works just fine with every other app - including IK Multimedia's own iGrand Piano (free version) - but I really want to try out the Miroslav strings! Has anyone else had problems with external keyboards with Sampletank? I can't see anywhere in Settings to sort this out, and I know my Analog Keys settings are fine because it's working with every other synth app.
Cheers, Alex Bitman
Last edited by Bitmann on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bitmann

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Bitmann wrote:Hello Peter!
I'm trying to play Sample Tank using my Elektron Analog Keys connected through the CCK and I can't get the app to play ball. The keyboard works just fine with every other app - including IK Multimedia's own iGrand Piano (free version) - but I really want to try out the Miroslav strings! Has anyone else had problems with external keyboards with Sampletank? I can't see anywhere in Settings to sort this out, and I know my Analog Keys settings are fine because it's working with every other synth app.

I'll bet there's a setting that isn't matching up, and I'd recommend working directly with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ios-apps/ and they'll be able to hone in on the issue and resolve it for you. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories